Rings and Base Choice for My Rifle

BBsteel

I'm building a custom off a rem 700 action in .243AI with a rem varmint contour fluted barrel finished at 24" sitting in a McMillan A3. Once the barrel gets here everything else is in order. I plan to drop a NXS 3.5-15x50 on top of this. It will be hunted with out west (speed goats and muleys) as well as tinkered with at the range. I will shoot at distances over 800 yards when shooting targets (throated for 105 amax or even 105 vld with a 1:8 twist).

I realize this isn't a lighweight but don't want it to be any heavier than it has to be either. I'm currently thinking of going with lightweight Seekins 30 mm lows and a Seekins 20 MOA base. Part of me says the heck with the base and to go with 30 mm Talleys to save on some weight yet. I should still have plenty of elevation with the NXS but maybe not.

Anyone have a similar build or rifle with a similar purpose? What mounts did you decide to go with? I need to get something on order to send in with the gun for some Cerakote so it all matches.

Badger, seekins, nightforce, just use good rings. I prefer Badger on my heavy guns but there are plenty of people out there that have rings that will do just fine. I wouldnt worry about the weight of the rail and rings on that gun at all either.

Back