Members welcome!

Q-Wagoner

The Nebraska Fur Harvesters will be holding their annual convention this year at Valentine fair grounds from the 27th to the 29th of September. This event is shaping up to be one of the best conventions ever for the Fur Harvesters. We have a demo list that will rival most national conventions. As of now the speakers include Dirk Miller, Brian Cunningham, Dave Plueger, John Graham, Steve Gappa, Rally Hess, Gerald Schmitt, Scott Phillips, Robert Waddell, Dave Hastings, Gary Jepson, Vern Howey, Joe Jack, Brian Perrett, Steve Barnes, Roy Greenfield and me Quinton Wagoner and the list is growing. Anyone interested in calling or trapping is welcome. For those interested calling, it is worth the trip just to hear what Vern Howey has to say on the subject. Vern has been working as a full time coyote hunter in Wyoming for over 30 years. What this guy doesn’t know about coyotes “don’t need knowin.” Dave Hastings the editor of the Fur Taker magazine and myself will also be speaking on the subject.

There will also be demonstrations on trapping all of the regional furbearers by some of the most accomplished trappers in the west as well as professional fur handling and grading instructions. There will be raffles, drawings and a white elephant auction as well. This event is the largest of its kind in the region so it will defiantly be worth your time to attend. If you have any questions pertaining to the event pleas e-mail me at wagoner@prairieweb.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

I hope to see you their.

Q-Wagoner

Here is a list of the demos for the 2002 Nebraska Fur harvesters’ convention in Valentine Nebraska on the 27th 28th and 29th of September.

8:00 a.m. Convention opens

11:00a.m. Chris Pool, NE Trapping.

12:00 p.m. Steve Barns, NE Beaver trapping.

1:00 p.m. Brian Perrett, NE Bobcat and coyote trapping.

2:00 p.m. Roy Greenfield, NE Coon calling.

4:00 p.m. Dave Pluger, IA Big numbers coon trapping. “Dave traps between 600 and 1000 coon a season in his home state of Iowa.

SATURDAY the 28th.

8:00 a.m. Dirk Miller, WY Trapping with an ATV.

Red O’Hearn IA Coon Trapping. Red has taken well over 10,000 coons in the 10 years of trapping.

9:00 a.m. Dave Plueger, IA coon trapping and Slim Pederson MT Land trapping. Slim has trapped more than 200 bobcats in a single season trapping part time.

10:00 a.m. John Graham, MT Bobcat and K9 snaring / Roy Greenfield coon calling.

11:00 a.m. Steve Gappa MN farm land coyote trapping. / Rally Hess MN Beaver trapping under ice.

12:00 p.m. Gerald Schmitt, MN Mink and coon trapping. Gerald has taken more than 700 mink in one season of trapping. / Scott Phillips UT Cat trapping.

1:00 p.m. Robert Waddell MO coon trapping. / Dave Hastings NE predator calling.

2:00 p.m. Gary Jepson ND K9 trapping / Vern Howey WY Predator calling.

3:00 p.m. Joe Jack NE snaring coons / Johnny Hughes MT Cat trapping.

4:00 p.m. Brian Perrett NE cat trapping / Red O’Heron coon trapping

We have these demos and many more as well as over 25 supply dealers not to mention the many tailgaters. This is going to be a great event and I hope to see you there.

Q-Wagoner

Back