America

d2admin

Administrator
SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT! Hip Hip Hooray!! Finally, someone has said what I think has been on every American's mind!!!!! This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a local newspaper.

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!!" I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture, here in the USA. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America, being a multi -cultural community, has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! ENGLISH. "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, of Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is and always will be part of our culture.

If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. Remember, "Delta is ready when you are and they can have you there by nightfall".

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

The crowd rises to their feet as applause fills the room. Great article! I couln't have expressed it better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In the past few days this has appeared on sites, attributed as a letter to a Florida paper. I don't know if that's true or not, but this same article has been circulating on the net for months now, I've had it show up in my inbox at least 6 months back.

I have no idea what it's true source is, but agree that whoever it was made some excellent points.

Well shoot.... I just put my soap box away from replying to this at another site and now I gotta drag it out again...now yall listen up.....

This is America....our true idea of political correctness is eliminating those who do not comply with our wishes...British, Germans, Japanese, Russians, Vietnamese, Koreans, Afghans, etc. We will tolerate you to a point and then we will begin killing you. They are now all little obedient puppies.

We sometimes allow our misguided liberal, yuppie idiots get up on our soapbox and say a few words. We do this because we allow rich, yuppy xxxxxxxx run our country. Why do we do this? Because we're too xxxx busy out making a living, if that's what you call it, and letting these xxxxxxx take our money. But it's funny how us working folks always have time to go fight to protect their sissy xxxxx.

Now don't get me wrong, I will give the utmost respect to anyone deserving of it regardless of race, creed, religion, or color. But do not infringe on me or my pursuit of happiness.

Ok now I'm stepping down and putting the soapbox away...don't make me get it out again.

(Language edit; I understand that this is an emotion-charged issue. But it is still a family board.)

Give me CONVENIENCE or give me DEATH !!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(B-r-r-r-r-r-riinngg ! Wake Up Call !)

Globalization and its effects on economy(s) is gonna end up running right over you guys (as it is now), leaving you in the dust, where youll just be sitting there complaining with your rhetoric... and no one will feel sorry for you.

The World is bigger than the 20miles radius around your house now. (take this website for instance ?) Get used to it, learn to work with it and manipulate it, and start learning to profit from it.

Robb I'm having a hard time understanding your point on convience or give me death.

I understand the first post and totally agree with it. This is what our country is about. Why must we cater to people who want to live here and reject its values and make it like somewhere they came from. If I wanted to live like that, I would move there. There is no way they should be allowed to move here and change my way of life.

In Europe, where you see most of the globalization going on its a little different. All of those European countries with all of their own individual cultures, languages, customs, religions, they might need to unite under globilazation because each has there own type of resource and not a vast supply like the larger nations of the world. It would be ashame though if all of those countries did lose their identities. Just a secondary thought on globalization.

We are a large nation here. At being the worlds largest consumer, our economy drives a large part of the worlds economy. We should not have to adapt our lifestyles and culture and everything else to compete in this world enviroment, we should be able to compete and exist, by just being who we are and what made us this great nation that we are.
Just MHO.

Too bad I cant convince my "peers" that it is the fight within and outside of this country we must battle, not at our convience, but all the time.

Originally posted by whipstick223:
[qb]This is America....our true idea of political correctness is eliminating those who do not comply with our wishes...British, Germans, Japanese, Russians, Vietnamese, Koreans, Afghans, etc. We will tolerate you to a point and then we will begin killing you. They are now all little obedient puppies.[/qb]
If you believe that statement as fact, you are in a serious state of denial.

Take a look at how much we import from these countries, then how much we export to them.

British - Well they are about the only exception.
Russians - They ripped off the U.S. for billions of dollars when we were helping them crawl out from under the cloud of communism. What have we gotten in return? A better sub-spicies of organized crime. Both in Russia and here in the U.S. They have pretty much run the Italians out of the crime business.

Germans - We rebuilt heir counrty after WWII and watched them become an ecomomic powerhouse. You don't see them fighting in Bosnia and all those other little pissy spats in their neck of the woods. Ever wonder why? Because the US will waste its money and people for them.

Japanese - Koreans - We rebuilt them too. Do we export to them anywhere near the amount we import from them ? Wonder why? Because they are protecting their markets. Look at the cars running up and down our roads. Notice anything? Now go to Japan or Korea and count the number of Chevys and Fords. You could do it on your fingers. Pop the case off that computer you are sitting at. Look at the components. See anything made in the USA?

Who do you think the number 1 & 2 ship builders are? Japan & Korea!

Afgans - They are still in the stone age and the last I heard we planned on pouring billions in there to get them up to speed so they can kick our ass in the econimic arena. Didn't we kill as many Arabs, Phillipinos, Checnians, Americans fighting over there as we did Afgans???

Obedient Puppies?!?! More like hungry pit bulls in my eyes.

As a vet I want to get in my say before this topic gets too hot.
I served in the Army almost 12 years, I walked the border in germany for three of those years.
I did not serve my country so that my family, my friends and any of you would be forced to do things, learn things and say things that you dont want to. If you dont believe in god thats fine but dont try to change my life for it. I dont want to be forced to learn spanish like some work places are doing and some schools are doing.
I have nothing against immigration if its legal.
And those that hire and or hide and help illegals should be delt with severly.
The main point is if a person trys to change other peoples way of life then there is going to be trouble. None of this crap would happen in any other country, the people complaining would probably be killed, and everybody knows that but they just dont want to see it or admit it.
Just dont bring any of it to my front door because I couldnt afford the legal counsil I would need when it was over.

My point of view as an immigrant:

I do agree with the idea that we should adapt to the cultue of the country, including language. if not how can we expect to be welcome and productive.

Also i understand that each immigrant will keep part of his or her own culture with them, that's what we are in the begining; but by keeping that culture with us we should not try to impose any of it to the comunity we are coming to. We can share it and if some one wants to enjoy part of it, great (some of you likes the salsa, tostitos and burritos, and some even like the mariachi) but we can't demand the community to become our way.

I'm proud to be Mexican even when the word is used as a despective term, and with God's help in two years i will be proud to become a US citizen.

I feel that most of the immigrants will feel the same way (maybe i'm wrong an naive) but that's how i feel.

Also i think that almost all of those movements are created by politicians, and for party and personal convinience. Yes some of those politicians are sons and grand sons of immigrants, they need to be in order to be able to influence their groups. But most of us are just working hard to be productive and become part of the community, we don't want to have or create any trouble.

Besides we share a lot of similitudes we want to raise our kids to enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing, trapping and of course we like to hunt coyotes (from the nahuatl coyotl).lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And yes i agree if any one wants to change this country for his own benefit and comfort...he will be better somewhere else. immigrant or not.

Just my two cents.

Blito62

Im glad to hear your point of view. I feel the same way, I understand that everyone is going to keep a part of their culture with them. And I like to learn other cultures, I just dont want them forced on me. I hope you get your citizenship and I hope you enjoy the benifits that it will bring to you and your family.
Live well and live free my friend we are all in this together.

Ken

Back