Hysterical Gas Mask Buyers

d2admin

Administrator
Dudes and Dudettes,

First of all I'd like to state that I'm an old Chemical Warfare Defense (CWD) and Nuclear, Biological, Chemical (NBC) dude for the USAF during the cold war, ending not long ago with my retirement. With the current situation going on with this new WW3, a ton of people are out shopping for gas masks. I'd like to take a second and warn you of whats happening out there with the hysteria concerning the mask thing.

1. First of all, avoid any and all masks that are NOT current issue for our military. The current issue mask goes by the name of M95. You'll see some folks selling 40-50 year old masks, which are completely useless for a $100.00 or more. You might as well just tip toe up to the contaminate and do a little jig, you'll die just as quick, whether it's chemical or biologic. Israel has some stuff out that's pretty decent mask called a M15 Simplex.

Anything else isn't worth the money. Obviously, the dealers are getting rediculous in the pricing, profiting from whats happening in the world today.

2. A mask is useless without the suit to go with it. Most of the chem and bio's will nail you through the skin, so a proper suit will also be needed. The charcoal lined suits you'll see advertised on some sites are crap, not used anymore by the military...run from them. They are NOT
rated for biologics.

3. Without the proper training in the use of chem gear, you'll be dead anyway. In the military, we have guys that are tasked with the duty to monitor all enviro in the area of operations, we have a system called MOP and their are stages to it. Spend a day in full MOP gear and you'll know discomfort.

4. Signs to look for before you croak, dead animals, birds, livestock, people. Contanimates will adhere to foliage, so just walking past a bush with chemical agents on it will nail you. Most agents are tasteless, odorless and you sure the hell can't see them. Biologics, forget it. Biologics hang around for a long time too.

My advice?....Store water like you've never done before. If'n you can afford it, buy the new stuff(gear), it may add some confidence. In order for this stuff to work, you'll need to carry it on your hip like the military guys, this may become all the rage in a few weeks anyway...we'll see anorexic models parading down runways in Paris with chem gera on their hip I'm sure. Do some research, learn about the gear as best you can, without knowledge of this stuff, you'll just be carrion.

Just like smoke, this stuff is carried by the wind. Being outside of the target area isn't exactly safe. If'n you hear of an attack, move in the opposite direction of the wind. Water ofcourse can carry pathogens, so be aware of the source. I myself, living in California, have always made it a practice to store water...lot's of it. We have something called earthquakes out here. We have lost our water source before. I'm going out on a limb here and say that I think they'd (the cowardly bastards) will attack our water before anything. More bang for the buck so to speak.

Anyway, hope this helps a little...hate to see you all go out and get robbed of your hard earned money.

Oh yeah, even the current issue stuff isn't fool proof ok? M40's are even outdated.

Scared yet? Guess we shoulda thought about all this before eh? Israel has for years. We always thought of ourselves as untouchable...no more my fine feathered friends. IMO, we're bigtime targets.

Deep in the bunker,
Bob

Big Jerk is right, alot folks I know were going to go out and buy that stuff. Being a Vietnam Era Veteran myself. Don't waste your money.

Former NBC NCO here myself. The Pro-masks I've seen for sale aren't worth the rubber their made with. And those ridiculous charcoal lined suits are worthless as well. They'll sure come in handy if you find your self in a cloud of tear gas, but that's about it. As stated, many nerve and blood agents are absorbed through the skin, making these chemical suits available today worthless. I've seen the Pro-masks and the suits for sale, but no mention of any atropine.

------------------
I'd rather be lucky than GOOD!

Great info! Thanks for sharing your expertise. If a bio bomb hits, I'm just going to strip down, run outside and breath deeply. Get it over quicker.
smile.gif

Curt, wow, that'd make a great photo!!!

Let me get my camera, hide outside your house.....

Okay... BIO RAID! BIO RAID!!!!

Back