How crazy are we? RP supporters that is...

So instead let's put Mitt Romney into office. The Left-Wing Republican. I love it guys. Let's throw away our expectations and settle for anybody but ______. That's the American way I hear about so much.

Nothing will change under Mitt. He'll probably make a few laws that will make conservatives feel better regarding gays and such, but that'll be about it.

We'll end up in military action with Iran at the least. Our economy will strain further or possibly implode. Our rights will be even more stomped out in the name of "national security". Corporations will get even richer, and the voice of the everyday American will get silenced even further. Romney might as well be Obama. All he's missing is the "swagger".

The good-ole-days are gone gentlemen. Greed has far surpassed honesty or liberty. My generation will be consumed by the machine we have allowed to be created, and still foolishly support.

You know my life dream has always been to be an officer in the Army. I'm one month away from meeting with the ROTC Major at James Madison University and signing up to go to basic this summer, followed by 2 years at the university (already did 2 at community college). I thoroughly support every member of our armed services, and value every sacrifice they have ever made. I've always wanted to be what I have grown to respect so much. It is only in these past few weeks that I have been questioning my dream. Why should I go get killed in Iran, China, North Korea, etc. because our lawmakers want to police the world? Afghanistan I can understand given the circumstances, but enough is enough.

We face no real threat from these countries. Our bully tactics are what cause them to raise the defenses they do. Attacking them in order to prevent an "impending attack" is sheer lunacy. The US will not and cannot be destroyed from the outside. How many of you would fight against an invasion of American soil with every bit you had? Every other nation already knows the answer. Imperialism is over. Any fight that will take place in the future will come from over-reaction to perceived threats, not real ones.

You nailed it on the head AZ. None of you want to change me. I know I can't change any of you. I'll vote for RP in the primary in March. At least I'll have exercised my rights while I still can. I'll keep snooping here, but I'm pretty well done with the bickering. Looks like I have a tough decision to make next month guys. Time to think it over.

Courtesy of the military I spent 6 Christmas's in chitholes around the world, 5 of those in peace time. If you want to be an Officer in the Army, you better plan on doing some that "glorious duty". Because regardless of who is elected in November, you can bet your arse that you will eventually get some of that "glorious duty".

20 years is a long time, some can cut and some can't. I have seen people with 15 years leave the military because some "war" ruined their cushy duty in "where ever". Like what the [beeep] did they expect when they signed up, 20 years of peace time.

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaAnd which nefarious conspiracy group refuses to allow him to be elected? Would that be the Builderbergs, the John Birch Society,the Illuminati? I suppose it may be that deep shadowy Skull and Bones Club at Yale, the ones who joined with W, who was a member, and planned the Twin Towers attack on 9/11.

Man you Paulistinians just don't have a chance huh?

Watch the news and form your own opinion..

well, zero just announced plans to downsize 500,000 from our military.

if RP wins, since he wants to shut down all our bases & bring everyone hom I can only assume that most of those are going to end up discharged.

Either way I'm not sure how good the opportunities to be an Army officer will be.

there doesn't need to be any conspiracy. when people listen to RP on foriegn policy it tends to scare the squeeze out of them. There's no shortage of actual voters who view his polies as not just wrong, but outright dangerous.

and there may well be enough of them that he can't win due to his own stated positions.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherCourtesy of the military I spent 6 Christmas's in chitholes around the world, 5 of those in peace time. If you want to be an Officer in the Army, you better plan on doing some that "glorious duty". Because regardless of who is elected in November, you can bet your arse that you will eventually get some of that "glorious duty".

20 years is a long time, some can cut and some can't. I have seen people with 15 years leave the military because some "war" ruined their cushy duty in "where ever". Like what the [beeep] did they expect when they signed up, 20 years of peace time.

I appreciate your insight dogcatcher. Believe me, I'm more aware of what my duties will be than most in my position. Lately I just question the validity of my possible deployments. I'd die in a heartbeat to truly defend this country, but to defend an unnecessary political agenda is a whole other story.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishwell, zero just announced plans to downsize 500,000 from our military.

if RP wins, since he wants to shut down all our bases & bring everyone hom I can only assume that most of those are going to end up discharged.

Either way I'm not sure how good the opportunities to be an Army officer will be.

The numbers are wrong, they want to down size from 570,000 to 490,000. An 80,000 drop in troop strength. I hope this will be through attrition, and not forced discharges. The Vietnam era downsize did the same thing, and they screwed the career military. I blame that on the taxpayers, the Congress and the President. That was a nice way to treat the career military after they served loyally through the chit hole called Vietnam.

Originally Posted By: YoungGun92I appreciate your insight dogcatcher. Believe me, I'm more aware of what my duties will be than most in my position. Lately I just question the validity of my possible deployments. I'd die in a heartbeat to truly defend this country, but to defend an unnecessary political agenda is a whole other story.

With your ideologies, you need to choose different line of future employment. There was little room for your way of thinking in the military I remember.

Originally Posted By: YoungGun92Originally Posted By: redeyeddawg
We won't have to worry about the economy after the Ahmedinnerjacket give us a mushroom cloud over a major city. We can't live in a bubble. RP thinks we can.

Yes, because in the next 4 years Iran will develop, build, test, and finalize a nuclear weapon. Then they will launch it at the US without us having any knowledge of it happening. It will destroy a whole city and kill thousands, and it will all be Ron Paul's fault. Sounds pretty accurate I'd say. I think you're succeeding here in converting me.

RP Wrong On Iran.

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaFinally someone sees the big picture.

I can send some more that need to be converted from Ron Paulism. These are nothing like the ones on here, they are dyed to the wool Paulites that bow towards Galveston 4 times a day.

If he can win the nomination -I don't think he will- I will still vote fore him over zero in november.

Zero is destroying us from within. 4 more years unchecked by the need to face voters, I don't know if we'd withstand that or not.

I can take a chance on 4 years of possible external threats, bc I don't think RP is too stupid to change his mind & make decisions about dealing with any real threat that escalates.

If the Republican party could keep RP voters without nominating RP, it would make for a very formidable coalition. I wonder if he would be considered for VP or the Cabinet. RP will have real influence at the convention unless he decides to bolt the party.

HB, if he can't win the Repub nomination there is even less chance of winning third party and he is well aware of that. Although I and a majority of others disagree with his dangerous head in the sand foreign policy, I don't think any of us believe he is stupid. Although these second and third place victories seem significant to his believers, you need only to realize that 75-80% of the party oppose him. He also is at the end of his career being 76 yrs old. He has a son who is making headway in his own political career and a third party run would likely damage his son's future beyond repair. So I think it's a good thing to keep him in the race and keep raising some of the pertinent ideas that he professes. It's very obvious that with his decent showing and the rise of the Tea Party movement that Americans are fed up and want some real change for a change.(Hmm,that would be a good political line, Real Change For A Change). It's just a shame that RP adheres so closely to the unworkable and dangerous Libertarian philosophy of isolationism, otherwise he would be the next POTUS. That theory alone is enough to prevent a win.

Back