anti interner providers

Hey Guys,

I did not say anything one way or another. I just posted some information I came across for folks to read. I did not know anyone was uptight about anything?

Lisa Dean's article and documentation is an online newspaper article-FYI. I do know that AOL has banned any site that legally sells ammunition and/or guns. Everyone has their own threshold of what is anti and what is not. I don't think it is anyone's place to try to force anyone to do anything with their ISP or any business they deal with. It is good to get the facts out there for all.

I also consider Larry Pratt, the head of Gunowners of America, to be very rational and level headed. I personally do not like AOL's censorship relative to guns and ammunition, and I think the arbitrary firing of those 3 individuals sucks. I personally think they might have at least made an effort to talk with them or give them a warning of some kind. But...everyone has to make these decisions for themselves and their own thresholds.

Jason, you are correct, we don't have any business being judgemental like the "Grand Pupah" on one of the other boards that sent Rich profane and hate filled e-mail on this subject. (Dear "GP"...if the shoe fits.
wink.gif
)

On the other side of the coin, AOL still has hunting and gun related forums online which allow people to find their way to site's like this one.

I applaud Rich for not blindly marching down any alley simply because someone says so. I may have different thresholds than him, but the point is, he is concerned and he is thinking.

Good Hunting,

Bob C.

------------------
“No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, is as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
Thomas Jefferson, June 1776

[This message has been edited by Calypso (edited 07-27-2001).]

Back