posting pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles

I need some advice on posting pictures. I don't have a digital camera, but I do have a color scanner. Some time ago I scanned a photo, then tried to upload it to Photopaint. After about 45 minutes I got tired of waiting for the upload to complete, and terminated it.

How long should an upload take? What resolution should I use when scanning? Assume a 4" X 6" photo. And where do I upload it to now?

I had these same problems awhile back and thanks to Merle I finally figured out my scanner. Guess I will pass the torch. Ha!

Photopoint is kind of hit and miss for upload speed. Sometimes you have to give up and try again later. Site congestion I suppose. More than likely it wasn't anything you were doing wrong. When scanning I run my resolution at around 75. That should get you close to the size you want. Anyway, I'll re-post some instructions that Bob at Posse posted awhile back. I added to it and modified a little to simplify. Here ya go.

".1) Get your picture posted on a web hosting service (like www.photopoint.com)

2) Then get the URL (address) of the picture. Photopoint will either email you a link to your picture or provide it with the finished photo depending on how you upload. That link is the URL. You can also "right-click" on your picture, then click properties, while in Photopoint and copy the URL.

3) Now, to include the picture in a post, type:

into the post,
followed by the URL to your picture, followed by

All on one line with no spaces

Be sure to include the brackets ( [ ] ) before and after the "img" and notice the slash ( / ) before the second "img"

What you are doing here is notifying the software
means the end of the picture URL."

That's it! I know what you are going through. It took me a little while to figure my scanner out too. Feel free to e-mail me if it doesn't work for you. We'll get ya posting.

Later, Curt

Charles,

After you scan the photo, go to the file where you stored it, Example-C:/My Documents/My Photos, display the photo and then re-store it as a .jpg file or a .gif file instead of a .bmp file. If it is stored as a .bmp file it can be easily altered but takes more storage space and therefore takes longer to upload or download. If you are using windows you can resore it by clicking on 'file' and then click on 'save as', then underneath the name of the file at the bottom of the window you can change the file extention and re-store it.
Just a note-After you do this the picture will be stored twice on your computer, once as a .bmp file and then watever the other file extention you choose is. I usually make any changes to the photo that I want, such as rotate or crop, and then restore it and then delete the .bmp file because it takes up a lot of space.

Hope this helps,
Daryl

------------------
yotewalk.gif

[This message has been edited by Daryl (edited 05-20-2001).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back