Identify a print?

"Human"...and Dog
laugh.gif

We have no idea how big your hand is! Could be a 'yote though.

Deinately a dog of some sort, whether it be coyote or mans best friend. Only two lobes on the rear pad instead of three which indicates cat. The claw tracks also help identify. Cats claws are normally retracted while walking.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesHuman, dog, tire and dead grass.

If you break out the magnifying glass and look real close, I think I may even see an ant trail.

Hello gunner, print-----well i don't believe a domistic dog can find food to eat if he is truly out in the wild open spaces away from people. so a domestic dog would starve in a week or so, probably sooner my guess.

according to the DNR booklet in their books they give you every year on page 37,in there hunting regs, it says this-------

1) Wolf print--------4 1/2" tall, 3 1/2" wide.
2) Coyote print-------2 1/2" tall, 1 1/2" wide.

with nail marks---if the grounds is hard might not have all nail marks.

what do i think it is can't tell no ruler there.

1) Wolf-----aveage--- height 30", lenght 5 1/2feet, weight 50-110 lbs.
2) coyote-----average-----18" max., length 3 feet, average weight 25-35 lbs. According to the DNR...

my golden rule is this if the track is 3 1/2" wide or long or both its a wolf...a young one...
smile.gif

According to my post, i don't live close to the city. or in the city. according to 4 legged critters, they don't care where they walk day time or night time, now adays. its in the dog species.

living in or near the city i'm sure dog tracks are close by. if your truly out in the wild like in my areas it not domestic.

Back