What do you do for a living?

Originally Posted By: ccinsoalot of you guys have some really good jobs. Im kind of embarrassed about mine. Just a lowly ranch hand.

Casey

Don't ever be embarrassed about working for a living. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you are doing something and always trying to better yourself. That is a lot more then some people I know...

Started out in the US Army and did a 7 year stint as a MP. Got in bad motorcycle accident and was medically released. I then delivered heavy equipment,masonry, retail and then finnally got back into Law Enforcement where I belong. Been doing LEO for 7 years now.

Well folks ... I'm proud to say that if your crapper ever stops up, I'm your man!

Been a Union plumber since the day I graduated highschool. Going on 17 years now. Haven't missed a days work unless I choose to. Did residential, new installations, for probably the first 12 years & have been with a large commercial industrial contractor ever since then.

I really do like doing what I do, but I hope my body can withstand a lifetime of construction work.

bhurlebaus- Thanks, but that was somwhat meant in jest. I dont make a ton of money but I love what I do. And it keeps me out in the brush where the critters are.

Casey

I climb poles for a living. Been a journeyman lineman for 10 years in the same company. There's alot of work in this field if your not afrade to travel, High voltage, or the weather.

Was a Hospital corpsman during the Vietnam war. Then graduated from a community college in carpentry and construction where I worked as a construction supervisor for almost 20 years. Got tired of losing jobs every few years and the recession in the late 80's did me in, so I went back to school again. Got my degree in wildlife biology and found my current job with DNR in the Public Drinking Water program. Inspected drinking water systems for 13 years and now work in central office as the Bacteriological Monitoring Coordinator overseeing the system's water samples. After getting my Wildlife degree I found out working in that field required way too much field work for someone with four growing boys. Didn't think I could leave my wife with that many boys for months on end and stay married. Have one year and ten months till I retire, if I can stand all the bureaucracy.

US Army for going on 3 years... about to head out on my 2nd tour to Afghanistan. I'll get out after this tour I think and I would like to start up my own business of some sort!

I ride in fire trucks for a living! It's a tough gig, but someone's got to do it. LOL The chicks sure seem to dig it though.......and don't be hating!!

Military for 10yrs and about to retire and become a fulltime smith for firarms in SE Ohio. No Kids
smile.gif
Adam

I like to tell people that I am a correspondence distribution technician for the federal government. It sounds more impressive than saying I am a mailman.

I have done everything from guiding fly fishing trips, to professional rodeo to snowcat operator to football coach to commodities trader, but for the most part I have been a professional farrier (shoe horses) for the last 32 years. I have never turned down a chance at working a different job during the slow times. It has given me a unique skill set - never had any "down time" and I can survive anywhere.

I'm a professional student
wink.gif

Graduated last May with my BA and then started medical school in July. Makes actually getting into the field pretty tough but they say one day I'll get some free time!

"I replied with a boot to his chest, made my living putting souls to rest"

Army Infantryman, just hit 6 years, Staff Sergeant on my 3rd tour in Afganistan, OIF 05-06, OIF 08-09, OEF 11-12

Thank you ram 2500CTD, because you do your job, we are able to do ours!

I am a science teacher in a public high school for at risk teens. Teaching for the last ten years. I work with the little buggers no one else wants. I love them, my goal is to teach them how to become good citizens so they don't end up in prison.

Before that I had a wood shop, managed a fishing tackle store, a fly fishing guide, worked as a wildlife technician and sold guns and bows in a sporting goods shop.

Back