Best electronic caller with wireless remote for the money

kingalw

As the title says... what's the best electronic caller with wireless remote for the money? Not looking to break the bank but want something decent.

I was just thinking about posting this but I guess you beat me to it. I have a dinky Johnny Stewart now that sounds like garbage.

I was looking at foxpro and they seem to have a few for about 200 bucks. It seems to be a quality call.

If you are considering a Foxpro, I think you should start your consideration with the Wildfire. The remote alone makes it worth the difference in $$$$. Not putting down the Spitfire at all, but the Wildfire is a lot more bang for your buck, in my opinion. How much value you personally attach to dealing with the best customer service in the industry is up to you.

If it were me I would buy a hand call and save up until you can afford a CS-24 or something of that range. I have had a few of the cheaper calls and never had much luck with them.

Wildlife Technologies. Their remote range is amazing and the quality of sound is top notch. But, and this is a big but, it will cost you.

Nate

i love my js wrless unit. i have never owned a foxpro but there is good reason why so many ppl use them. the loudest unit that i have ever owned was a manaska.

I have a Spitfire. I often wish and I decided I should buy a topend Foxpro like the CS-24, Fury, etc. But I keep killin yotes with the Spitfire. They are just as dead as if they ran into a $500 caller.

I only use about 10 calls, so why do I need a caller with 300 sounds on it? And no the Spitfire is not as loud as some callers, but I believe thats a plus because we tend to call to loud sometimes.

The remote has plenty of range for me. It will easily reach out to about 50-75 yards which is all I need. Lately Ive been using Baybee cottontail on about 3 or 4 on the volume scale and the yotes run right in for supper.

Midwayusa. Has a Johny Stewart Preymaster 4 for $100 dollars I got one of these years ago for $160. It will work way out if you put it up in a bush way over a hundred yards. The on off switch could be better. I took off the speaker stand and hung the speaker off a cord. It is a good call for $100 dollars. It has Three sound cards with four sounds on each card and you can buy more. It has worked for me for years I have some hang ups with it but it still works. I have bit the bullet and bought the Fox Pro Scorpion. I also have the old bulky Johny Stewart tape player and lots of tapes it also still works. The biggest problem with the JS is making sure you push the switch all the way over to on then test it before setting it out and keep it off the ground if you set it out very far.

Customer service now seems to control My buying these days. Foxpros service is second to none from what I see. I dont know what kind of service you get from other companies. Lots of Guys like Minaska, and WT, but which ever caller you consider buying, check out the support first. Good luck with your new caller.

Originally Posted By: kingalwThanks for the info. Does the Wildlife Technologies have better sound than FoxPro or is there another reason to pick it?

I've hunted both and I have killed more with the WT than with my old Foxpro. I think the sounds are better, but some will disagree. In my experience the sound quality is far better at higher volume. There was a lot of distortion on my other call. A big issue for me was reliability in cold weather and remote range. My MA21 and my brother in laws older WT are easily capable of ranges over 100 yards. My Foxpro had serious seperation anxiety. Just my experience though.

I've never needed to mess with WT's customer service. I like it better that way.

Nate

My Foxpro Fury remote works out to around 500 yards or so and I would assume my Foxpro CS24 would as well but I have not tried it much past 100yds.

Originally Posted By: Borderdog had serious seperation anxiety.

LOL. Never heard it put that way before. I like it.
smile.gif

I almost bought the Flextone echo I had there hand held model and lost it in the field. It had 40 sounds my only struggle with the Flextone was the screen blinded me at night I was going to put red film over it but lost it in the field. I was attracted by the quality and size of the unit I think a good deal at $160 I did read a few bad reviews. Keep us posted on its performance. I had to sell a rifle to get the Fox pro scorpion.

I have a Foxpro CS 24 and in my years of calling it is the best caller bar none. There are times when I wish that I had a Scorpion such as when I am hunting off my Horse.

Many people over the years have complained that Foxpro has a range problem and this is simply not true. I use my CS 24 sitting on the ground hidden under brush at well over 100yds all the time.

A lot of this is user errors. I never turn my CS 24 off when hunting except at the end of the day. One reason is that it is in a Yoders Den bag and the other is that I will forget to turn it on.

I do turn off the remote. When the remote is turned on at the next stand you have to get the remote in the same state as the caller for it to work. In other words the call must be muted then unmuted to match the caller before it starts working.

Another reason is that Foxpro when started without presets, starts at 0 volume. This keeps the thing from busting your ears accidentally. A lot of people think the remote is not working because they can not hear the call.

I would not waste money on the cheaper calls because at some point you will wish you had bought a better one.

Foxpro is also one of the few that lets you load your own sounds.

My Son killed a Coyote a few weeks ago using a recording of his own Lip Squeak.

FoxPro is numer 1 for a reason.

Back