Archery deer Harvest thread~

Lon. Awesome job.

Was there deer taken in that area you were talking to me about. Keep stacking em up.
smile.gif
. Sorry for the delay. I just got power back after quite a few days without

IMAG0295.jpg

The wife got this 9 pointer this evening. They are chasing pretty hard now. This is her 1st ever deer. She is happy as heck!

Originally Posted By: borkonawesome!! she looks pumped

You have no idea....she was dancing in the middle of the woods. lol.

Originally Posted By: 22-250ohioHehe too bad u let the woman beat you again

Im cool with it. Now she understands why I hunt so often and the feeling it gives you when you harvest an animal. Before she cussed and complained about hunting and me hunting. Not now.......so yeah, she beat me this time and I am good with that.

Originally Posted By: Mark2Lon. Awesome job.

Was there deer taken in that area you were talking to me about. Keep stacking em up.
smile.gif
. Sorry for the delay. I just got power back after quite a few days without

sure was mark! i will be back out when i get my new bow!

i did a couple stands today out coyote calling and seen alot of buck rubs and scrapes! im assuming they are chasing pretty good here in south ky! when i tracked my buck in the tall grass i seen every other cedar tree rubbed down and a couple scrapes! i think i found a honey hole for next year and the year after as long as i dont mess it up!

I had a 9 pointer come in last night. He came in right under my stand and looked at me 3 times and still hung around. He was getting ready to get behind me so I finally got to take a shot at about 7 yards. I don't know if I rushed it or just didn't adjust enough for him being that close and being 15 or so feet up a tree, but I shot about 2" over his back. what a let down. I replayed that in my head a few times before I could go to sleep. I guess I'll let the stand cool off this week and hit it on Saturday when rifle season opens. He won't be so lucky if I have a rifle in my hands, at least I hope not. I guess I need to put in some more practice shooting from a stand.

coyotex said:
This thread may push me out of "deer retirement"..lol

Rick...I was on the backside of the lake last night and there were deer everywhere. Come gun week though they will dissapear, lol.

2011EASTARCH1.jpg

Got him 3rd week of October from the ground. Called him in with my voice and hitting my release against the limbs of my bow to sound like rattling. 2 miles from the truck i went in light LOL.

Thanks Mark,. Not sure on the weight i ended up boning him out and backpacking him back to teh truck. but he def was a toad.I would guess all of 250

Back