"Antlerless" deer down

mtcurman

Tonight Dad, Nash and I came in from hunting mule deer for Nash. We rolled into the yard and there where mulies everywhere in our yard. I looked into our field and saw a herd of whitetail does. We bailed out of the Jeep and I grabbed the 600 .222. We snuck over to our haypile and I picked out a nice fat little deer, and BOOM!! 55g Hornady in the boiler room, it was DRT! We walked up to it and unfortunately it was a button buck not a doe, but I'm happy with him. He's tender meat in the freezer! Here's some pics...

Me at the killin' zone!
6408325191_df7c202ecf_z.jpg

6408325207_c4c3bb1590_z.jpg

6408325205_c6f292c4a2_z.jpg

Me and Nash loading it into the truck to take him 150 yards to the house...
lol.gif

6408325223_121dc05e2c_z.jpg

It was a pretty dang fun meat hunt! As I type this, I can smell fresh liver frying.
drool.gif

Thanks for looking!

Ben

Originally Posted By: kyle1why the tape

It's to keep snow, dirt, mud, etc out of your rifle barrel. Plus it protects the crown of the barrel when it's uncased muzzle down in a truck...
smile.gif
All my rifles have either blue tape or electrical tape on them.

Ben

Thats what we do for cougar hunting if you get snow in the barrel chances are the gun will not fire and then you can't get the cat. ... ( unless you were Chuck Norris... But Chuck Norris doesn’t go hunting because it implies the possibility of failure)

Originally Posted By: LuckyHunter( unless you were Chuck Norris... But Chuck Norris doesn’t go hunting because it implies the possibility of failure)
Yeah, Chuck Norris goes "killing"...
smile.gif

[/quote] Yeah, Chuck Norris goes "killing"...
smile.gif
[/quote]
and Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks don't really kill people. They wipe out their entire existence from the space-time continuum.

Originally Posted By: mtcurmanOriginally Posted By: kyle1why the tape

It's to keep snow, dirt, mud, etc out of your rifle barrel. Plus it protects the crown of the barrel when it's uncased muzzle down in a truck...
smile.gif
All my rifles have either blue tape or electrical tape on them.Ben

I use electrical tape. May give the painters tape a try.

Back