EASTSIDERS PREDATOR Its time boys!

vtr223

Its that time of year boys, im chopping at the bit we need cold weather, check its on the way, gun season to close, almost there, mojos ready,vtr with new rounds sighted in and ready to go, so get ready its about to begin what we all wait for that first stand 2 mph left to right wind a good thicket just to our 2 o'clock a fence row running down to our 4 o'clock and open field on our downwind side that we can see for 300 yards, suns going over the hill and we let the first lone howl of the winter cut thru the 28degree east wind, it seems like a 30 min wait, then just inside the thicket a old male cuts back at ya, your hair on your arms stands up your grip on the stock gets tight out he comes 75 yards and and stands. He's the top predator out there 364 days a year but today your top dog!!! so sight them in boys get your hand calls ready and your batteries changed in the foxpros, hope this helps everyone get the fever, post your pics here and your stories if you all like my little story let me know ill put more on here, hello ohio boys lets hear from all of ya again check in here and say hello, good huntin/ YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
I have 3 de-boned deer wired and staked down,,a 2 man blind with a big buddy heater for it...and 2 big honkin lights.

Gonna shoot some crows to add a bit of color too the pile,,need to give em 3-5 days to start hitting it.

One called/1 killed so far (adam killed i called)

Oh and Eastsiders Predator club needs some work.

X

LOL! I knew that once bow season opened, and that slid into gun season, and that slid into the holidays, things would get a little scattered and hectic.

Jan, Feb, and Mar, will see some fur flying!!!!!

I'm still looking for a GPS map for the Wayne, but still can only find them for some western states. Anyone run across a supplier?

Rudinator

good to hear from all ya hope the fur does start to fly soon yahooooooooooooooo!!! keep here and keep posting here later!!!

Nice to see everybody. My farming obligations kept me out of the best rutting activity. The weather was bad for gun season. I usually don't start coyote hunting until I get my buck. That's about to change. Game on. Good luck and good hunting, Be safe!

Yeah, gun season weather sucked this year. I did the backstroke to my stand, and need a snorkle (camo, of course) to cross the valleys.

Still have a doe tag for the next weekend. Might hunt with the .357.

Rudy

All I saw the last month of deer hunting is a unicorn.....

Me and VTR headed out for a set last night. Seemed like a perfect night to go. No wind, moon shining, cold, etc. No luck though.... So I told him I quit till the next time we go. I know they are out here. I can hear them at night from my porch...just a matter of time I guess.

Originally Posted By: 22-250ohiowe dont need no stinkin maps just dont cross the fences

Map? What's a map? I thought everyone used a garmin now....HAHAHAHA!

I am getting the jitters to go. I was going to go this evening but I have a christmas party to go to. Good luck to everyone!!

Crowfoot, I drove past your house the other day. Went hunting out on Fout Rd.. Plus, thats where we ride our 4 wheelers

Man been putting a couple down have four since sept 1 ,been a good start,I deer hunted and like everyone said it rained and sucked,How many guys on here would rather hunt coyotes than set all day in deer stand and see 4 deer?Well good luck all my buckeye buster!

I like deer hunting with my bow....but like coyote hunting too. Can't pick one over the other I don't think. Both provide me a good adrenaline rush.

img0004ci.jpg
thumbup.gif

First stand of the season = success. Hammered this large female with the 6.8 stag and 110 grain vmax. It felt really good to pull the trigger. Myself imposed limits on deer/age and score = going home empty handed. Coyotes on the other hand, my formula goes like this: See coyote = bang lol.

Back