sounds. Can I convert and how to put onconverting cassette sonds to digital

buckhtr

I have several cassette tapes I love to use for calling can I put them on my Mp3 player? How , what do I need to do?Or even load to a cd.How do you put the sounds to my computer or Mp3 player from a tape deck? I just cant afford right now to buy a caller and my Johnny Stewart is down but good.

thanks -- I really need to get caught up on all this technoligy....GPS, Topo Mapping, digital camera and calls etc....born way too early .

While I was just now digging out my tapes I found about a dz old 45's from even earlier version of my Johnny Stewert calling days....Is there a wa yto convert LP's and 45's to cd's or digital Mp3 plaer to listen to my OLD music? Sorry its sort of off topic but relevant...L.O.L..

If you can establish a "Line in" from your record player to your computer, you can capture the sound on your computer and then convert it to mp3 or wave format with a program like Goldwave. You can then burn them onto a cd.

I use audacity along with an EZcap just like the one linked from amazon, It plugs into your USB port, I have converted 50+ cassettes to MP3. Right now my scorpion has 60 plus Johnny Stewart and Burnham bros sounds I have converted..

It might be easier in the long run to just buy the sounds already on CD. They will probably sound better than trying to record and convert them also.

Originally Posted By: reb8600It might be easier in the long run to just buy the sounds already on CD. They will probably sound better than trying to record and convert them also.

WHATS THE MATTER DON'T YA WANT TO HAVE FUN NO MORE?

I used GoldWave to convert all my JS sounds to MP3, something to do on those windy winter days.

I have a seen USB phonographs (record players). They come with the software you need to copy the records (45's, 78's etc) to your computer and then to mp3. Used to be about $99 but I believe they've come down to about $79.

Would purchasing new sounds cost less than that plus the amount of time it would take to convert the sounds to a digital format?

Originally Posted By: WolferC
WHATS THE MATTER DON'T YA WANT TO HAVE FUN NO MORE?

I used GoldWave to convert all my JS sounds to MP3, something to do on those windy winter days.

I love to have fun. That is why on a windy winter day I would rather be out calling than trying to record and convert sounds.

I'd love to just buy some digital sounds but what I have now well it would cost me $60+ just to get the 3 calls. I have tons of other calling sounds from as early as the 60's and a lot of music that I would love to convert to my Mp3 so ...it's not a matter of buying new when nothing wrong with what I have but for not in digital....sorry, things very tight here after 10dz traps and misc stuff stole so I need to spend wise and maybe the conversion will be a lot better sutied to MY needs.And just try to find an original Smiths Grey Fox pups call....IN MY opinion THE BEST sound for greys. the best ....lol...

Last edited:
IF I buy new cd's I still need to convert them to my Mp3 anyway so why not just redo all? Wouldn't it still be about the same for time? I don't know maybe not, I am not too good with all this new techno stuff.

I have five Johnny Stewart CD's here that are in CD and MP3 format so there is no need to convert anything. Simply save to the computer then put on the call. You would not need to convert anything. You can find them used for a lot less than $60 for three of them.

Reb is right, the sounds on Johnny Stewart CDs are MP3 just rip and go... Right now there are 2 Johnny Stewart CDs for sale on Ebay buy it nows of less then 9 dollars with free shipping. Thats 8 JS sounds for less then 20 bucks. Like I posted previous I use an EZCAP to convert my tapes, its simple and I got mine for less then 25 bucks, I have done well over 60 cassettes with no problem. There are both CD and cassettes of Smiths(Protektor) gray fox call on Ebay right now, but at 10 bucks for one sound, The Johnny Stewarts seem like a better deal more bang for your buck.

Last edited:
I have an IMac computer and I'm looking for something like this that is compatible with my computer. www.ezcap.tv/guide.html…..Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted By: buckhtrI have several cassette tapes I love to use for calling can I put them on my Mp3 player? How , what do I need to do?Or even load to a cd.How do you put the sounds to my computer or Mp3 player from a tape deck? I just cant afford right now to buy a caller and my Johnny Stewart is down but good.

Buckhtr, If you're looking at cost effectiveness then buying the sounds is probably the best way to go. If you want to gain knowlege then do it yourself, besides someday you may record a great predator calling sound that turns the industry on its ear and you'll know how to put it on your caller.
laugh.gif
. In all sports/ hobbies there are those who really like to do things themselves and enjoy building their own equipment almost as much as using it. We call these people the do it yourself (DIY) guys. And on the other hand there are those that beleive if something is worth having they can buy it. We call these people the really easier to buy (REB) guys. Now these two groups will never understand one another because they are wired differant. The REBs think the DIYs are just crazy wasting all their time tinkering on something that probably won't work anyway. All the while the DIY is thinking, just one more tweak and I'll sell it to all the REBs. Its a vicious circle.

Knee surgery last week, too much time on my hands...

Yotecallr I just finshed up transfering 7 more Burnham Brothers cassettes to MP3, the instructions that came with my EZCAP usb cassette capture say it is compatable with MAC version 10.5 and lower, I got it on Ebay, They are on Ebay now some say MAC compatible and some don't, they are all under 25 dollars shipped.

Kind of off topic to this but still issues with transfer...I have a dvd that i wanted to transfer to my Mp3...now I have more issues...L.O.L.....There has to be something I can purchase to do all my needs???

Back