Thinking of a crossbow

kal52

Ive been kicking around the idea of a crossbow for awhile now, but really didnt have much of a use for one other than the joy of shooting it.

But this year we can use them for our muzzleloader tag (but not archery season) makes sense huh?
confused.gif

so anyway was thinking of something compact/light and not too incredibly expensive, what are my options.

Some of models out are just plain huge, not sure I want to be toting one of those around come december when the snow is waist deep. LOL

Im clueless about these so any info on a good place to start would be great.

Thanks

I would check out the Stryker strike zone 350. It's light and compact and it is only 599 for the kit including scope, bolts and quiver. It is accurate also. 3 bolts in a quarter size group accurate.

Tac,
Don't want to start anything but I really would like to see 2 inch groups at 80 yds. with any crossbow. These internet groups are getting smaller and smaller.
Sorry but I couldn't help calling ya on that one...
frown.gif

Cal52,
The best buy out there in my opinion only is the Wicked Ridge Invader. It is made by Ten-point which is one of the top of the line crossbows. You can probably find one on line for about $499.00...The regular Ten-Points are approx. $1,000.00 to $1500.00. The Wicked Ridge Invader is their lower line but I have one and it shoots real nice. 305 fps. You get a scope already mounted, a Quiver, and 3 arrows/bolts in the package. And the bow is camo painted. Just Google Wicked Ridge Invader.
They make a Wicked Ridge Warrior to but that is the lessor one
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tactical .20Every shot I made at 80 yds, once sighted in was within an inch of where I had the crosshair when it went off.
That's impressive!

Midway has a Horton package bow for $319.00 right now. Seen them at Academy for over $400. Nice and light, pretty fast too. I believe 300 FPS.

I was shooting prone, so little or no movement at all. It is accurate enough I am planning on shooting it over my cronigraph at 80 yds to see how much KE it has to see if it will still be strong enough to shoot big game at that distance. I also thought I could shoot a dead hog, as tough as they should be, it might be like a bigger animal. Just to make sure it would be ok on big game like elk or deer at that distance, or if I need to be closer. The accuracy is no question, if let go with a solid rest, it is very good. I shoot a G5 Montec 125gr broadhead on 22" Gold Tip crossbow bolts.

ive been doing a little digging around lately, and I really do like some of the Ten Point options, but the one I really like is in the 1200 dollar range.

I think Ill just have to wait on it, too many other toys on the list to spend on something I cant use too often other than varmint and practice. But dang they look like fun!

Thanks for the replies

Back