Enjoying the heat in Texas...

cbosshog79

Things are still pretty hot around here but season has begun and it is time to get back in the woods. I have been crazy busy at work the past few months and quality time with my family has been very limited so I plan on dedicating as much of this season as possible to spending time with my kids and hope to have the oldest two involved in every step in the process.

My oldest is six and has been fighting the elements with me for nearly four years. It has gotten to the point that she is one of my favorite hunting buddies and most of the time is the first person I hit up about heading into the woods. This will be her first season sitting in a tree stand and as you guys know bow hunting is hard enough by yourself so this should be a real challenge but it is one I am looking forward to. Hopefully I can get on a good buck while she is with me but I would imagine this will be a year full of does and hogs. Either way but the time she is old enough to kill something herself she should be fully prepared.

Here is Sidney with a couple of hogs I shot Sunday afternoon.

10-2-Sidney%20Hog.jpg

Nice, Cody! I have yet to see a hog, but they are coming in after dark.

I have seen does and some small bucks, but I have to save the 2 does I am allowed on the lease for the kids to shoot.

I made a couple of trips to public land so I could get a doe, but didn't see any deer at all.

Back