Need Crockpot Recipes

My favorite crockpot dinner that Mrs Pop makes for me.

Pork loin 1 1/2 inch thick ( 4 pc )
1 packet ( dry) italian dressing
1 bottle BBQ sauce ( any brand, any flavor)
1 more bottle BBQ sauce ( any brand, DIFFERENT flavor)
1 handful red or yellow spuds

6 to 7 hrs on low temp.

I was never a pork loin fan until I had it this way, now I got to go on a pig hunt...
Enjoy
John

Big chunk of meat, (pork, beef, venison, goat) carrots, onions, potatoes, a tablespoon or so of minced garlic, salt, lots of black pepper(coarse ground is my preference) and cook on low all day, about 8 hours. Cover all your ingredients with water, when you get home dinner is served! (Carrots, potatoes, and onions as much as, you what). Also I like paprika and curry, but it depends on the type of meat (goat then more curry). Your taste may vary. (Also I'll add a little parsnips when I've got them in the garden).

Here is my recipe:

Meat: What ever you desire. Sear it in a fyring pan. Cut up veggies. I like bell peppers, onion, garlic cloves( 1 bulb),carrots, taters, and whatever else suits your fancy.
1 8oz can of cream of celery soup and 1 8 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup. Layer ingredients in crockpot a little at a time until full. Pour in 1/2 to 1 full beer of your choice.
Cover crockpot with aluminum foil and place lid on top. Fold foil up over the lid and turn on high or medium for 6 to 8 hours. The foil let the moisture escape and gives you a nice thick gravy. Be sure to cut the meat into 1 inch cubes. Works great with leftover turkey and whatnot. It tastes better the 2nd or 3rd day if you are lucky enough to have it last that long. I had to buy a bigger crockpot.

Oh Yeah, Put your crock pot on a big platter of some sort because it will make a mess out of your counter top. Been there and done that.

RTLOF(TONY)

I've been "Crock Potting" for at least 40 years...Here is my favorite Beef Stew: (I have one of the big crock pots)

1 Round Steak, cubed into stew meat bites, trim off excess fat--You can buy 'stew meat' but it's cheaper to cut your own...
1 Med Onion, sliced thin
1 piece (Stalk) Celery cut in 1/4" pieces
4-5 Carrots cleaned and cut into 1" pieces
4-5 Med Potatoes cut into bite size pieces (Cubed)
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Tapioca beads (for thickening)
1/4 cup of Sweet red wine
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Layer ingredients (Beef, Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, then lay the onion slices on top...spread the dry ingredients over the layer of onions and then pour wine over ingredients...

Cover and let cook on low for 7-8 hours, stirring just before serving.

It's a good one to set up when you go to work and have ready when you get home..The great thing about this one is that you can add or subtract the ratio of vegetables to your personal taste...I used to put this one together the night before, store the 'pot' in the refrigerator overnight and then start it before I went to work...After working out in the cold all day, it was a great Winter meal...especially with some hot biscuits...

IMG_0264.jpg

Take one Venison Roast, add one can Cream of Celery Soup and one can of Cream of Mushroom Soup, one soup can of milk
place all ingredients in Crock Pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours...Salt and Pepper to taste after serving---Enjoy

Last edited:
Cool weather always brings out the cook in me and I love my Crock Pot... So I'm bringing this topic back to the top to stir some more interest... I just finished putting a beef stew together for this evening...

1 Bag of Frozen Pre-made italian style meat balls.
1 Can of italian crushed tomatoes
1 Bag of California style vegtables

Put it in crock-pot and let it cook for 4-6 hours..

easy as anything gets! My kids love it!

My crockpot hasn't really been used since I got a pressure cooker. I may have to go back and combine the two for some of my favorite crock-pot recipes. I always put lipton onion soup on my deer eye roast and slow cooked it with enough water or beef stock to cover it until done (6-8hrs). Shred it and put back into water with canned mixed veggies and the juice from the cans. If it gets too juicy, I add instant white rice or noodles to it to help soak it up and thicken the mix.

I sear a cheap chuck roast with a rub then pressure cook in liptons onion soup and a few cups of water or beef stock and it falls apart in 45 minutes under pressure. I cool it down until I can open it, shred the meat and add about 8 peeled and quartered potatoes, 1 whole quartered and seperated onion and cook under pressure for 8 more minutes. The stew is tender enough to eat with a spoon. You can add mixed veggies and noodles to it and cook on the stove top without the pressure on once the meat and potatoes are tender also. Total cook time less than 2 hrs with same results
thumbup.gif
. Whether pressure cooking or crock pot cooking, we rarely eat the stew the day it is made other than to sample it. I like to let it sit in the fridge overnight and cook it again until hot the next day to give the flavors time to soak in. I do the same for chili and spaghetti sauce.

Great, now I'm getting hungry and wanting to cook something
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Here is a good tip my Mom does back home.

Keep all the left over veggies from the various dinners in a Ice Cream tub. When it its full, ad it to the crock pot with seared 'stew meat' and a pack of French Onion Soup mix.

Low for 5-8 hrs. GTG!!

Chili (better in a dutch oven, but...)

1st thing, DONT DAIN ANYTHING

2 lbs of ground meat. Cooked and seasoned in a cast iron pan
1 Can of Corn
1 Can Bush's Chili Beans
1 Can Dark Kidney Beans
2 cans diced tomatoes with Jalenpanos.
3 Fresh Anaheim Peppers, Diced
1 Sweet Yellow Onion, Diced
1 Tablespoon Crushed red peppers
1 Tablespoon Red Pepper
3-4 Cloves Garlic, diced

I cook on low for 8 hours in the crock pot. 4 hours at 275-300 in dutch oven!

Back