Fire the grill up.

SuperSeal110

Michigan bow opener was today. I went out with the g/f this morning and we sat at separate stands. We had a N and NW wind this am. This past week it has rained everyday, so everything is soggy.

I goofed up this am and had 3 does under my stand. I didn't see them till it was too late. They stuck around for a bit, then worked their was back from where they came from. It was extremely thick in the woods. One of the reason I don't hunt much woods during the 1st week of bow. You can't see!

The g/f seen a few does, but no shots. She also seen a nice 4pt which she passed and a decent 2.5yr 8pt, but was across the field.

I went out this evening solo since my g/f went to Chicago to meet up with some of her friends for an engagement party.

I went to another farm that would work better with the N wind. I climbed into my hay field stand around 5:45pm. Pretty late, but the deer usually start working out of the woods around 6pm.

I got into stand and it was a few minutes I started seeing some does work out of the neighbors big woods. I nice 2.5yr old came out with a few other bucks and does about 120yds. At 6:30, I watched a buck in a different field hauling butt and heading towards the big woods. All the deer I was watching, went into the big woods. I suspect the YAHOO neighbor was crawling into his stand at 6:30pm
cursing.gif
I dealt with this yahoo last year, but I can't say for sure if he was out.

Later in the evening I had about 15 deer work themselves in our hay field. Does mainly, but there were a few 1.5yr bucks.

I watched a beautiful 3.5yr 10pt just outside bow range. Roughly 60yds sparing with a little 4pt. They worked themselves away from me and I had 3 does under the stand. I decided to take on.

A simple 10yd shot. She her high in the top luck and exit through her tummy. She was quartering away when I took the shot. The high shot was a result of my stand being high at 25'. For this hay stand, the higher the better to get your scent away from the deer.

Lot of deer out tonight. I seen roughly 10 different bucks and about 20 does.

Anyways, here's the doe.

c2ed572a.jpg

Here's a pic of the 2.5yr old 8pt. I would of passed him.
48c9fd60.jpg

Few does/dink bucks. Sorry for the poor quality pic's. Hard to take pictures through the binos and Iphone.
b8c3bdc2.jpg

How far did she go? They sure are beautiful with their winter coat just coming in right now.

That's cool your GF likes to bowhunt!

Nice job.

Last edited:
Thank you.

She likes to hunt and fish. She hasn't connected on a deer with the bow, but she's shot a few during our past gun season.

The doe ran 70-80yds down on fence line that boarders our CRP field and hay and expired in the fence row. I was surprised how far she went since I seen the amount of blood was coming out of her after the shot. Then again, they can travel quite far in a few seconds after the shot.

Back