First deer with a bow(wow)

Irish_80

Got my first deer with a bow 2 nights ago. It was just a doe but man was that a rush. I've always heard people talk about how fun it was but I never thought I could get on board with it, boy was I wrong. The only thing that has given me that big of a rush hunting was going after coyotes. Rifle hunting just never gave me the shakes like this did, don't get me wrong I like rifle hunting but it doesn't hold a candle to shooting a deer at 30 yards. I can't imagine what it will be like if I get a big Missouri bruiser on the sharp end of an arrow.

Congratulations, those shakes never go away, at least not for me. It's always a rush. I was lucky enough to watch my neighbor shoot his first bow deer when I took him out. I think I was more excited than he was. I think my brother is talking about moving to your part of the world when he retires in a couple years, Maryville area.

Originally Posted By: Mark2Congrats. Every deer is a trophy with a bow.

thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: Mark2Congrats. Every deer is a trophy with a bow.

thumbup.gif

Exactly. You're not hunting unless you have a bow in your hand. I quit gun hunting 10 years ago and started back up now that my boys are old enough. Congrats on your first Irish!

I have to agree, all bow kills are trophies. I'm still trying to get my first horns with a bow. I've shot little does that made my nerves fall apart with a bow and killed 130" bucks with a gun and didn't bat an eyelash. There is something about a stick and a string. Congrats on the first of many to come Irish 80.

Stick and string that's how I hunt know. A custom recurve shooting instinctive. That to me is the ultimate rush.
smile.gif

Good Job. The bowhunt starts where the gunhunt ends.
Most gunners will never know what it takes to keep it together and make the shot with a deer at 20 yards.

Back