Gunner/Mattie pups training (Pics and Video)

TonyTebbe

Took three 6 month old Gunner/Mattie pups out for training on the trapline. I was planning on adding a coyote to the bay pen, but these pups had their own plans.
lol.gif
Decided to only take the pups, no older dog, to see their reaction if they came across a coyote. They worked the ground hard on the drag, but once they finally got downwind of the coyote...all he!! broke loose. It didn't take them long to kill the coyote.

Here are some video still shots:

pupcoy7.jpg

pupcoy9.jpg

pupcoy2.jpg

pupcoy3.jpg

pupcoy4.jpg

pupcoy5.jpg

pupcoy6.jpg

pupcoy1.jpg

pupcoy8.jpg

Update:

After receiving multiple requests to watch the video, I edited an excerpt of it out to show the grittiness of the two young males. I'm saving the entire video for the DVD.

Warning: The UPDATED video is suited for all audiences, as this is a public forum, it's always sunny outside, and we don't want to ruffle any feathers or fur.

Anyone interested in watching video clips of my dogs can see that at Tony Tebbe's Youtube Channel

Thought I'd share.

Tony

Last edited:
After getting a few requests to watch the video, I decided to post an excerpt of it. I've added it to the end of the original post.

Scott and Brian, your male pups are really turning on. They are far more gritty than Gunner was, at twice their age. I believe I'll be keeping a male from this cross in the future, for myself.

Hope yall enjoy.

Tony

tony you might need a breakin stick, or this sounds stupid but it does work... the pup that didnt want to let go grab and lift his ear and give a sharp "blow" of air into it. just get your face back cuz he is gonna let go.lol

Dang Jesse! What happened to your hand?

Steve, It's in her blood. Her full siblings are grittier than all get out here on the ranch. She should do well.

EMT, I just need to work with them more on the drop command. I've got most all the others broke on it, these 6 month olds need alot of work.

There's a whole lot more to that video, outside of this excerpt. Instincts finally took over and the little female finally turned it on and grabbed hold. I was proud of her.

Thanks...Tony

Tony- I don't mean for this to rain on the "positive parade", as that is super cool, but you do realize that you could do that same breeding 20 more times and never get the same results as you are seeing in this litter, right?

I certainly hope you do, but if you're wanting pups like that and have them, it might be time to keep em while the birds are in hand so to speak.

Great post, they look like the right kind for sure.

Take care.

Very good point. I actually have a female pup out of last years crossing, that I am training for a member. She is gritty to the core and has a heck of a good hunting head on her. I was pleased to see the 2nd crossing is consistent, so far. Kicking myself in the butt for not keeping one for myself.
smile.gif

Thanks man.

Tony

Yeah, that's Duke, who was purchased by Brian (Huntsleepfish), as a weaned pup. He took him back home to Oklahoma for a month or so to be socialized at home with his daughter and son, then brought back here for training till Fall. He's the one that drug the coyote/dog pile into the road on the last video I posted about the Irrigation Coyote, as well. His brother Havoc, is no slouch, but Duke really stands out in the grit department.
smile.gif

Tony

Did just like you did and put my hand in the wrong place! The only coyote involved in mine was the doc who worked on it! Lol.

Great video TT!

Back