Back Yard Safari

Chupathingy

I decided to wage war on our local tree rats this afternoon. These little guys seem to really like the taste of my house trim.
HSHDshellTOYBlizzard047.jpg

Got 2 in about 15 minutes....only about a million to go.

Chupa

I ain't skeered, I've et my fare share of tree rats in the past. But I got plenty of pork chops in the freezer, so I think I'll go that route instead
thumbup.gif

Besides, I have a big'ol fox living in the woods behind my house and I haven't seen one of those in a very very long time. Not sure if they will eat carrion or not, but if'n he do.....He'll have an easy meal tonight(If the ants don't get'em first)

Chupa

Originally Posted By: sharkathmiwhatcha using for a rifle? air rifle?

Yeah, Just a Gamo Big Cat is all. I've heard some mixed reviews about them, but mine is pretty accurate. The head shot rat in the picture was from about 40yds. Had my Caldwell Rock rest and a rear bag on the pic-nic table in the back yard
grin.gif

Chupa

Catch some of those tree rats and some bunnies and send them
to me. We don't have all that many of either around our place.

Friggen tree rats. Drop green pine cones on my truck and jeep, dig holes in our lawn....not many around anymore due to my air rifle. They are good eatin and also make a good bait pile.....I hate rodents.

Peanuts work great as bait!

Wife was attempting to remove a family of them from the peak of our house....that would be funny if you guys knew her! hehehe

I was home one night getting ready for school, that squirrel was on the side of the house making noise, I asked her if we had any peanuts, she said "Yes", I told her to put a few out on the deck, on the hand rail post.

She did, and as she was closing the door, I told her to leave it open and put the dog up. Kept doing my work at the kitchen table, and when the squirrel came out to get a peanut, I plugged it.

Wife said "That isn't fair!", I just smiled, and put the gun away.

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresOriginally Posted By: Dave in DETry this it's fun and you have cool vidio's
it's A SQUIRREL LAUNCHER!

That was pretty good.
you said eirlier you would like some squirrels and rabbits
If we can figure out the ballistic coefficient of a tumbling squirrel,the propper bungie,and a good bit of ellevation, i'm sure some could be launched your way!!

Last edited:
Back