410 shotgun?

Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerOriginally Posted By: gustmouseThey are nice and light to carry
I think someone loads a factory shell with a 3/4 oz load
I guess a bit pricy if you shoot it a lot, but if you only shoot a 100 or so a year
not worth reloading
I found this for $59 at a local gun store. Took the varnish off the stock and cleaned it up some. Makes a good walk around or camp gun!
Savage944_410.jpg

Savage 944

Heh, I've got that same shotgun in 20 gauge. My dad bought it for me when I was about 12. It's the "youth" model and from what I remember it kicks like a mule with heavy game loads.

I'll pass it along to my son soon, he deserves a good beating.
laugh.gif

On mine-I removed the plate and installed a LimbSaver recoil pad and it tamed the gun. Recoil was so severe the action would open-it was a 20 gauge that shot clays real well.

Regards,
CM

My first gun was a "loaner" single-shot .410 that belonged to my Grandpa. (I have to admit, I don't know the brand or model # at this time.)
Took LOTS of squirrels, cottontails, jackrabbits (back when there were plenty of them), quail, & even a few "close-range" in-your-face flushing pheasants.
Probably some of the funnest 2 Fall/Winters of my youth!
Now that my Gramps has passed on, my Dad has ownership of that old gun.
Maybe, if I'm real lucky, he'll leave it to me in his will, since none of the grandsons currently hunt or mess w/guns.

Im sure your .410s are nicer tha mine but I recieved this as an Xmas present when I was 6. I just dug it out and am planning on taking it squirrel hunting in the morning.

I havent shot this in YEARS

1314674170.jpg

Back