dog in heat

I hunted with a guy that had his female in heat, actually coming out of it, and his males were constantly trying to mount her.... Made for a long day.

Well said guys, losing those pups from Dixie was a heart breaker even for me.....I remember the breeding that took place to get Dixie. I had seriously thought about getting one of them pups out of that litter, things just didn't work out at the time....too many dogs at the house.

Hopefully all of this will end some of the bickering.

During the Williams Lake Stampede in British Columbia, an Indian tied his mutt to a pole outside the bar and went in to have a few. She was in season.

He was working on his second beer when a mountie came through the door asking who owned the dog outside. The Indian said it's mine. The mountie says you know that dog's in heat? Indian replies what are you talking about, I tied her in the shade.

Mountie says no, dummy, I mean she wants to get bred. Indian says go ahead, I always wanted a police dog.
smile.gif

That was a good one Redfrog. I will have to use that one.

My buddy and his brother were drinking some brews one night. The younger brother looks at his brothers German Shepard while he is licking his privates and says "Man I wish I could do that", the older brother turns to him and says "Go ahead, I don't think he'd mind"......We almost pee'd ourselves laughing so hard.

I've bought one and I'm on the list for 2 more and the guy I hunt with wants one, so I say keep breedin em. When you're at the top of the food chain you're gonna have haters.

I have never hunted with them, but I can't seem to argue with results.

You should post some pics or videos with your dog getting it done. The proof is in the puddin, or the fur on the ground.

Originally Posted By: SHamptonI've bought one and I'm on the list for 2 more and the guy I hunt with wants one, so I say keep breedin em. When you're at the top of the food chain you're gonna have haters. I get to this and I am lost...What the heck are you talking about?

I'm guessing he likes the dog that he got, and wants some more. I still wish I would gotten one of them Jagd/Cur cross that you did Devin.

That was what I was guessing, but who did he get one from.....You know the guy at the "Top of the Food Chain"
I have a feeling I don't want to be drinking anything when I read his answer.

I believe he got one of the Gunner/Mattie crosses from Tony. I might be wrong though.

Do you take any of your females out with your males when they are in season Devin? I only have males, so don't really need to worry about this issue unless there is one around. Funny story, my son and his two little buddies were gonna go walking their dogs as I pulled into the driveway the other nite, Theo asked me if my dogs like to fight, I said not unless there is a coyote. My son walks in about five minutes later all winded- done walking him already? He said yeah, Tug is trying to hump that female....I told him " Theo didn't ask me if Tug would hump her"

Last edited:
Back