4th of july fun!!!!!!

Jesse lackey

So, to celebrate independance day this year, we thought what better than to exercise our second amendment right, so we spent all day saturday shooting guns. Between me and my buddy Carl, we had quite an assortment. Everything from the P90, to the .50 bmg. Well, sunday rolls around, and Carl who i have been working with on calling coyotes decided that today was the day he killed his first yote. Well, being the good host i am, i talked him into calling for me (he needed the practice) so i could hide in the brush with the .50 bmg. Well, i am happy to report that Carl called his first coyote, and i shot it. Yes, with a bmg. There wasn't much lefto of the little guy, and with the rules on graphic material, i decided that it would be best to just take the ten seconds with my pocket knife, and remove the head from what was left of body. This is our calling location, and below is me and the coyote.
jessesabaddass026.jpg

jessesabaddass036.jpg

For those of you who are wondering, the pic of me and the yote were taken in my pasture after removing unwanted body parts.

Well, feeling like manly men, we retired to the BBQ and Beer. After lots of beer, Carl started nagging me about him killing a yote, so, using my best judgment at the time, i told him that my wife had to leave for work at 5:30 am the next morn, so to be there, and i would be ready to go. I dont think that ether one of us planed on making good on these plans, but him and his girl friend ended up staying the night, and apparently they decided since they had to listen to all our hunting stories, and bragging the night before, that we needed to get up and hunt. So, we hit the fields, and as soon as we could see i started calling. I was using a little Custom Rabit distress i got years ago, dont even know who made it, but its a great call. About 15 min later i caught some movement way off to my right, straight in fromt of Carl. i slowly turned my head, and there he was, mr whil-e-coyote. I waited for a shot from Carl's .308, and heard nothing. The coyote had us peged, so i couldnt turn. He hung out just long enought for me to start to wonder what was going on with Carl, then he hit the river bed and was gone. As soon as he was gone, i turned to see The Great White Hunter in his best stealth position.
jessesabaddass018.jpg

At this point, i was slightly dissapointed, so i snapped a few pics, realized my batteries were dying on my camera, and decided it was time to go. Something you should know about Carl is he has the directional cordanance of a Lemming, so since it was dark when we walked in, i left him to his nap, and sliped from the field.

I headed to the next field with a dead camera, and a bruised ego, set up, and called for about 20 min. I was just about to go, but tecided to give a quick kiyi (have no idea how to spell that) So i pulled out the old "little dog" and let it go. A nice mail charged out of the wood line, and god dumped my my .223. He was a great looking Coyote for this time of year, minus all the ticks, so i drug him back to the truck, and headed home for a photo op. On the way i picked up Carl who was awake, and sitting on a hill in the pasture, and went to the house. I pluged in my camera as soon as we got there, and sat down to relax while it charged. About 15 min later i heard lots of racket coming from outside, and looked to see that my pit Sooie had located the dead coyote in the truck, and took it upon herself to make sure it was really dead. I fugured the camera was charged enough, and went and got this pic of her.
vlcsnap-2011-06-03-21h32m51s28.png

After the photo with the dog, we headed out to get some quick shots of the calling locations. This is the view from Carls napping spot!
jessesabaddass022.jpg

jessesabaddass019.jpg

We got sick of walking, it got pretty hot, so here is the location i got my coyote at, but the view from the road!
jessesabaddass023.jpg

Sory so long, but had lots to share.

Great story and pics Jesse, Thats funny a coyote shot with a .50 BMG. I don't know if i could live in Oklahoma not enough sage brush... ha ha

Ok, Jesse I thought you were joking when you told me! I definitely think you were undergunned with that .50 lol!
w00t.gif
Well done bud, that looks like some beautiful country right there, Chupa, hook me up, I'll come with, we can give Jesse all kinds of trouble.lol
thumbup.gif
Great post, and nice pics, glad to see you exercise your second amendment rights, wish we had some.
cursing.gif

Regards.

Whisper.

Jesse, People don't realize what beautiful country we have in Green country of Eastern Oklahoma.If,WE don't enough sage here just go 3 or 4 hundred miles to western Oklahoma.Jesse ,What a great way to celebrate the 4rh of July. OKwillie

Last edited:
Love the pic of Carl SLEEPING! HAHAHA!

Nice 50, I've fired one 'o them Armalite's a time or twice. Them clamshell brake's can sure knock your friends down if they are too close!
wink.gif

Thanks guys. We may not have sage brush and cowboys here, but we have Oak trees and pretty Ladies, and that's ok by me! Chupa, all you have to do is call when you land at XNA, and ill come a' runnin! Same gOes for you Whisper.

Whisper, one thing you will learn about me is if I tell you something that just sounds crazy, its most likely true. Its when I'm telling you something that seems very normal that I'm lying. HAHAHA

Nate, I got sick of my HMR tearing 'em up, so decided to swithc to something a little more fur friendly like the BMG.

Thanks okwillie, it sure is beautiful here! Where do you call home?

Littletoes, at least carl has good taste in pillows! As far as the 50 goes, it sure isn't a Barrett, but its all I could afford, and it goes boom real loud, and yes, if you stand in line with the flutes on the break, from about 6 foot It feels like getting hit in the chest with the worlds largest pillow by Hulk Hogan!

Hey Jess, yeah, I'm starting to realize that! lol.
thumbup.gif
I'm going to have to watch myself when I eventually come and visit bro, you may have a small tank or something under a tarp in the shed! Now that's enough gun! Glad you guys had fun, and enjoyed your 4th party. Save some .50 rounds for me too!

Regards.

Whisper.

Sorry whisper, but I had to sell the tank! Haha. I'm not sure how customs would feel about it, but I may just bring it down there with me, we can turn some Jackals inside out!

Thanks yotecatslayer, I got board one night, and started playing with Gimp, and you would not believe how many pics of mountains I had to go through from my trip west to find one that fit.

Jesse, I live in Muskogee on the south side of town. I do most of my hunting down around the Martin and Brewers Bend area.I am originally from Lefiore County,OK.PM me sometime Iwould like to meet you.Good Luck okwillie

thumbup.gif

1. Pictures: 1st quality
2. Story line: I am jelous (as a newbie)
3. At 64-yo, I have always wanted a .50, just cannnot afford the gun or ammo
wub.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Willee, I have been blessed with a wife who enjoys seeing me happy, so as long as our bills get paid, when I come home with a new toy that I paid for by saving my lunch money for months, and stashing a little bit every friday, she is really understanding, rather than telling me what I should have spent the money on, she usually just rolls her eyes and says "of course, another gun, just what you need!"

But, its still hard to justify $3.75 a shot!

Hey Jess, I don't think customs will approve
thumbdown.gif
, we will just have to go at them with what I've got. We'll keep the tank for when I come to visit, don't joke, I know that you kept it just for me!!!! lol.
w00t.gif

Whisper.

Nice job and great story, Jesse. Sounds like you're a great host as well - maybe too good when your calling partner crashes on his rifle!
laugh.gif

Great photos, man - thanks for sharing.

Raptor

Back