Texas Outfitter Refuses "Assault Weapons"

N Wolf

As I said, I know I was wrong. And I love to explain the level of sportsmanship involved in a sport with no spectators or refs to those who dont hunt. Hunting is a great test of self.

It would be my guess that as an outfitter, he has probably experienced more than one idiot coming into his world, trying to make up for their inexperience, with not enough gun and high count magazines. (And, I would imagine a few with military surplus jacketed rounds, as they are real cheap to shoot.) Wherein... you wind up with a whole lot of dead and wounded animals laying around the farm, that you aren't getting paid for. Or, having to track down a whole lot of very grumpy, wounded animals.

While any gun is capable of killing a hog, I've shot them with 22 shorts and killed them, so I can honestly say that, not every gun has the power to kill them without well placed shots. The 5.56/223 is a tad bit light for killing big hogs, and in the hands of an inexperienced hunter, who...

1.) Has not a clue about vital zones
2.) Probably never shot the rifle in his life, just thought it looked really cool so he bought it, and...
3.) Probably peed down his leg at the sight of all those ferocious hogs, just before blindly squeezing the trigger 15 times in attempt to flock shoot the big one!!

... it is probably not something you want to allow on the ranch.

While I realize we all think we are invincible with our weapons gentlemen, outfitters have to clean up behind invincible shooters every day!! And, I'm sure that one has his reasons for not allowing assault rifles.

Back