40gr V-max makes Pics difficult!!!

Chupathingy

Went "Skunkin" the other night and had no success so I decided to try some calling. The only taker was this Jack rabbit that came to a cotton tail distress. I have never shot anything with the 40gr V-Max before and wanted to see what they did to skunks, I have a pretty good idea now.

I had to strategically place this rabbit so it would be legal for posting according to "graphic pics" policy. The other side is wrong side out.

tn-4.jpg

I can't figure out how to enlarge pics from my cell phone so sorry for them being so small.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: justin10mmI've had the same problem with 130gr. Power Points, usually the only thing left is the smell.

HAHA thats funny right there!

Originally Posted By: getfoxyJay, how does one go skunkin?

Don't take much Gary. A high population of skunks like Tx has , a rifle . and a spotlight.

A skunk at night is a really hard rifle target. Nine times out of ten they run when you hit them with the light, and then you have to figure out what is tail and what is body because when they hold their tail up it makes them look much bigger than they actually are.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: getfoxyJay, how does one go skunkin?

Don't take much Gary. A high population of skunks like Tx has , a rifle . and a spotlight.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way to do it Gary. You can't go out the front door at night with out smelling skunks at my house. Any skunk caught during daylight hours has a standing death warrant on it. We have a bad problem here with skunks with rabies, so we try to shoot as many of them as possible and still can't put a dent in them. The best time of year is during the cricket hatch, but you better watch that wind!!!!

Chupa

Back