Magazine

HOGGHEAD

I am having a custom rifle reworked because it is just too heavy for me. I purchased a stock from a member here. It was a take off from a Remington 700 VS. Which I am pretty sure is an HS Precision stock.

I am having the barrel turned down and shortened on a custom 22-250 I had built a few years back. And I would like to have a removable magazine for this rifle. I believe the HS precision removable magazine setup should work pretty well.

How is the quality of this removable magazine?? Will it add alot of weight to my rifle?? Any other comments on the removable magazine?? Thanks, Tom.

Hi Tom, I'm not a fan of DBM setups in general, but when I did use them the HS system is the one I preferred. It will drop in an HS stock, which is what the VS is. They are steel and are heavier than factory pot-metal stuff. They are also center-feed and have a tendency to feed very very well, even with AI'd chamberings. What I liked about them is the (almost) flush fit. My main dislike about DBM's in general is how far below the stock-line they extend and the HS isn't like that. The other feature I really liked is that the mag-release is inside the trigger bow and its near impossible to accidentally release it.

Back