so who likes to hunt with pellet rifles here???

sawtoothscream

i love it. fun to shoot starlings, squirrels, rabbits chipmunks ect... with pellet rifles and pistols

as of right now i have:

1) .22 crosman 2260 w/ a leapers 3-9x50 scope shoots jsb exacts
2) .22 custom crosman 2240 pistol thats power modded like crazy w/ a truglo red dot, rb grip, arts shack power adjuster and a few other parts from him shooting exacts
3) .177 crosman 1377 pistol needs work
4) .177 gamo bigcat w/ a 1.5-4x scope, gtrIII trigger shooting predators
5) just ordered a .22 benjamin trail np and adding the gtr III trigger to it, have to see how i like the scope

cant wait to get the new one and start some starling and chip munk shooting. the 2260 and 2240 are my favorites right now and are are just crazy accurate pest killers. bought the new one for a winter gun since the co2 guns dont work in cold weather.

in the feature i want to add a airforce talon or a benjamin maurader to the collection. but those cost more to buy and run.

so what do you guys got? pics are very welcome. cant wait until squirrel/rabbit season starts

Last edited:
I have a Crosman Storm XT with a centerpoint 3x9x32 that is currently getting a makeover....inside and out. I should have it back by friday.can't wait.

I love my air rifles! I have some nice ones.

1. Crosman .22 CO2 just for plinking
2. Benjamin .22 Discovery PCP...might sell that one...maybe.
3. Benjamin .25 Marauder PCP...WOW! Great repeater and great for hunting Jacks around here.
4. Shinsung 202S 9MM (.357)...loads of fun and will take any coyote dumb enough to get within 75 yards.

Made a jackrabbit hunting video a while back...used air rifles the whole time: http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...;gonew=1#UNREAD

i liked the vid haha. sounds like me when im hunting rabbits and squirrel. i wanted to get a .22 m rod really bad but ended up ordering a custom longbow instead. figured the NP will still be fun and take out the animals i want to with it. i hunt thick woods so most shots are under 30 yards. hear great thingsa bout the .25 m rod

Oh yeah. In the thick stuff, your rifles will do just fine! Out here in the high desert of Nevada, 100 yard plus shots are not unheard of...I'm still new enough with my Mrod and 9MM that I try to keep the shots to 75 yards or less.

The .25 has a LOT of power if you tune it up or less, and more shots, if you tune it down. I have mine tuned up so I only get 16 to 20 good shots per fill of air. Using the new predator polymag pellets just makes things that much better with the massive wound channel it creates.

rockinbbar used a .25 Mrod to take a coyote...not too sure I want to try that one though.

ya i was watching a vid of some guy shooting P dogs at over 100yds with he .25 m rod. thiers a guy on tradgang that made a few vids of him shooting P dogs at 80yds right in the head every shot with his .22 m rod. maybe ill buy one next summer since i dont have to waste more cash on bows now

i do most of my hunting for small game with airrifles. i have 7 shin sung career rifles in 22,25 and 9mm. evanix takedown in 22, daystate huntsman, daystate air ranger both in 22. 10 different spring guns from diana, and about 75 or so other assorted guns mostly all spring but a few msp and co2.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hunterintheshadowsi do most of my hunting for small game with airrifles. i have 7 shin sung career rifles in 22,25 and 9mm. evanix takedown in 22, daystate huntsman, daystate air ranger both in 22. 10 different spring guns from diana, and about 75 or so other assorted guns mostly all spring but a few msp and co2.

holy crap man thats alot of guns. i love the daystate rifles. i was lucky enough to try out a guys daystate field target rifle and wow that thing was awsome and the trigger was amazing. i want to get into pcp's soon. want to get a scuba tank first then figure out what gun i want. the benji m rod .22 and airforce talon .22 are the 2 im thinking about.

1077 waiting to get sold. Don't even remember shooting
RWS 850 in .177 with a Roald tuneup. CP 4-16x40 scope. It's my bird gun. Shoots redfires, predators, and CPHP pretty well. Next will be a Rainstorm in .22 or .25

got the gun a few days ago and so far im not to happy. wish i bought the benjamin discovery pcp like i planed. the guns really hold sensitive, grouping horrible, even after shooting over 500 pellets its still not showing any accuracy. it did for one day and i took 4 or 5 chipmunks but later that day it just went down hill again. im going to clean the barrel and put my other scope on it and see if that helps any. if not ill be calling pyrmid air or crosman and send it back for a replacment or refund if possible.

just keep shooting it and work on your artillery hold! it will come together. try lots of pellets too! magnum springers, and gas rams take lots of technique to shoot well. but once you got it down you will be a better shooter in all disciplines.

what are you shooting for pellets?
send me a PM ill ship ya some diff pellets tuesday i have a large variety you can see if any one groups better or not

thanks for the tips and pellet offer but the gun shipped out yesterday for a refund. the pellets i tried were jsb exacts 15.9gr and chp 14.3gr. i tried every hold i could think of but nothing would get consistant groups. one shot would be on, then high, the to the left, right. cant even say it shot groups. o well PA said they will refund the money and im going with the disco. seeing how its its a faster 2260 and my 2260 is a tack driver i think ill be much more happy with it. seems like theres a good amount of people on gateway to airguns having issues with the NP guns and poor shooting. some people found better groups after removing the shroud. idk

Last edited:
i found 16 grain and up shot well outta mine
with the Barracudas shooting sweet
i got into bows a bit again and also PB pistols so i sold my herd down a bit but come winter I will be back into airguns the disco is a sweet rig
Contact TKO get his stage V shroud and trigger kits makes a world of difference

his shrouds work very well. i have the 6.5" disco one on my custom 2240 and it really cuts the noise down. dont know when i will order it though. might be some time since my custom long bow is now in the build process and i have to pay that off and i need to get a truck or suv sometime. seeing how the biggest things i shoot in the summer are chipmunks and starlings i might just stick with the 2240 or 60 for the summer and see what im feeling around squirrel season. want to get teh disco/pump combo really bad though. cause then i can order the parts to make my 2240 into a pcp as well.

well i just bought a used disco. guy had it for a few months and shot under 1000 shots through it. comes with pump, scope and sling for $300 TMD. seemed like a good deal to me. said i wasnt going to buy the disco until my longbow is payed off but paypal makes buying stuff to easy. going to put my leapers scope on the disco as well as the tko break and throw the scope that comes with the disco on the 2260. then i think im going to turn my 2240 into a carbine and covert it to a PCP set up later down the road. cant wait to get the disco and do some hunting/pest control

well seeing how i cant stop buying stuff i just ordered a reburb benjamin maurader .22 as well. dont even have the disco yet, [beeep] the thing didnt even shipped yet, starting to get nervous that the guys trying to screw me over. but i payed paypal and if I dont see this gun buy next week im filing a complaint getting my cash back.

now i just need to get these guns and find some fields to hunt ground hogs in. the mrod should be a awsome distance gun and the disco would be good for long day hunts where shots wont be as far, even then its suppose to be extremely accurate at 50 yds. probably didnt need to buy a m rod but it was going to be my next airgun purchase anyways for $313 shipped when there over $500 it made since to spend the cash now

Back