Trip to Oregon

yfzduner450

I got back from hunting with Duane at Shooters Services Unlimited this past sunday and thought I would share. It was a great trip. We left salt lake on thurday morning in the rain and the closer we got the better the weather the got. By the time we arrived it was 50 degrees and sunny. We had a great supper and woke up early the next morning to call coyotes. We made 3 stands with only responses but no takers and we went up to a great rock chuck area to shoot a few chucks.
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

After taking a few "trophy" shots we decided it was time for breakfast. After getting stuffed we went out to shoot some sage rats. After tons of shooting and bs'ing we came in for a great fried turkey dinner. We woke back up early the next day and gave a good go at calling coyotes again. Called in 1 but 3 mama cows chased it off before the dogs seen him and we never got a shot. Saturday was another great day for rats as the sun was out with little to no wind.

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

ella.jpg

During the day we got a call from 1 of Duane's rat shooting clients and they said they had wounded a coyote earlier in the day so we went back to load up the dogs and try to find the coyote. It had been at least 4 hours on a dry sunny day and after about 45 mins of letting the dogs work we called em' back in. On the way back for supper, I was set-up by Duane, he said shoot at a rat and the next thing I know one strand of barbed wire is in two. I know I was set up because in that country, for every fence wire you shoot it's one bottle of whiskey. After some drinking and chatting we were all pretty tired and called it a night. We woke up Easter morning and after taking some pictures of Melodie Marie in her easter dress we made the long venture back home. All in all we had a fantastic time and can't wait till the next time we can go back. Thank you Duane for everything!!!!
DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

Jeremy, that new camera sure does take nice pictures, I wonder if the new rifle that it took the place of would have shot as well? Haha.

Sounds like you guys had a heck of a time! Thanks for sharing.

I also wanted to add that for Duane being the cow punchin, yote huntin fool that he is, you wouldn't expect him to be real color coordinated with his clothes, but I do believe that he has a different handkerchief for any occasion, and to match every outfit in his closet!

Originally Posted By: Jesse lackeyJeremy, that new camera sure does take nice pictures, I wonder if the new rifle that it took the place of would have shot as well? Haha.

Sounds like you guys had a heck of a time! Thanks for sharing.

I also wanted to add that for Duane being the cow punchin, yote huntin fool that he is, you wouldn't expect him to be real color coordinated with his clothes, but I do believe that he has a different handkerchief for any occasion, and to match every outfit in his closet!

Yeah the camera is real nice, I'm glad she is enjoying it. As far as the rifle, that's still a sore subject around my house. In the end, a happy wife is a happy husband!!! It's been nice, I haven't heard her b!tch since she got that [beeep] thing.

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuJesse, They are "wild rags", you flatlander.
thumbup.gif

Besides I only own a dozen or so.
tt2.gif

You guys are crazy, but Duane, do they really match every outfit you have??
lol.gif

Tim

Duane, I was gonna buy one of them "wild rags" when I was at the Crane Butte store, but since I would never wear it, I decided they were a little too pricey for me!

Well Duane, you may have the "style" but I have the youth, and stunning good looks! Hahaha. Don't forget to call me with the dimensions for your custom walker! Haha.

Back