Is there a way to call a Fisher Cat?

yotecaller

There is a place in the area that wants me to take care of a Fisher Cat problem.The only catch is I can`t use traps.Is there a way to call or loower them in?Thanks in advance.

Hi Armond,
First of all I would like to publicly apologies to you for the comment that I posted a few days ago about the name change reference. It was directed more to the improper use of the word coyote, according to another board. Again please accept my apology...
I've called a few fishers in and hope this helps. They weren't my target animal but they showed up. Through my experiance your best bet would be in heavy hemlock and spruce that are mixed with scattered oak. This is there main domain for feeding on red and grey squirells. Use the woodpecker or most rodent distress calls. A turkey call will also work for you here. Best of luck and I hope it works out well for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I was calling a new area on the weekend,I howled a couple of times and went to my Sceery AP6, Three minutes later a fisher came sliding down the snow bank, stopped at 25 yards, didn't like my smiling face and left. I stopped him with a lipsqueak twice. I certainly had time to shoot, but trapping season is finished here,and they are classed as furbearers.

Hi Armond,
I was crow calling last year with an e-caller using a wounded crow tape. This fisher came in climbing trees trying to find the hurt crow. Finally it saw me and took off.

Back