Long-Range Bench & Prairie Dog Specialty Handgun

Depending on what part of the state you are in, it may not be that difficult for you to come up and shoot some of these rigs.

The rear grip XP-100 in the pic with the SEB Rest is a 6.5-284.
Shoots real good-even past 1,000 yards
laugh.gif

Quote:I will bring the 408 Chey-Tac/375 Snipe-Tac switch barrel handgun

OMG (to quote my 13 thirteen year old niece), that has to be about the most intriguing piece of equipment I've heard of in a long time.

Give us some particulars (please)!

This is my newest specialty handgun from Mac's Gun works.

I have put 25 rounds through it, from the prone position, with my typical one hand hold.
Lawton action, McRee stock, McGowen barrel, Lawton picatinny rail, Mac brake, Cerakote camo, Vortex Razor HD 5-20 Scope, Vortex Rings.
All the work was done by Chuck McIntosh.
The cartridge is one of Dave Viers wildcats.
Take a 408 Chey-Tac and partially neck it down to .375 and make a false shoulder, fireform it and you have a 375 Snipe-Tac.
Jamison brass, 150 grains of H-50BMG, and a 370 grain Rocky Mountain bullet. What a cool combination.

IMG_5652.jpg

223 Rem, 338 AX (338 Lapua Improved), 375 Snipe-Tac, 243 Winchester

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

Really two things: A great muzzle brake and weight.

Originally Posted By: RubenatorI have to ask, how do you keep that beast from flying back and reconstructing your face?

I have video footage of the first two shots I took with it.

Originally Posted By: RubenatorI have to ask, how do you keep that beast from flying back and reconstructing your face?

The BAT Action on my pd/bench specialty handgun is also a switch barrel/switch stock.
McRee stock, 6.5 Leopard (WSM), Krieger barrel 1-8 twist, Mac Brake. MV with 130 Bergers is 3100 fps.
I have only killed dogs out to about 550 yards with it, but it was quite destructive.
Also took a mule deer this past fall at 597.

IMG_5056.jpg

It is here now!
smile.gif

Spent time doing case prep for the 7mm WSM:
Opening the neck up slightly with the K&M Expandiron die, Cleaning up the necks with a K&M Neck turner, inside chamfering the the case lip, de-burring the flash hole and uniforming the flash hole, resizing the neck with a Redding comp bushing die to correct size. I will still need to uniform the primer pocket but I am almost done with these 200 cases.

Some better pics:
IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5786.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

Hey Ernie--Them is some fine looking toys..

One ? On the 7mm why the wider stock on the left..
Does it help control the gun//or just looks?

David

Yep I just finished cutting the barrel channel on your buddy Rays offset rig like that. You should have seen some of the looks I got when I set that up in the mill.

It shot really good at the LR handgun match at the end of June.
Almost always shot sub MOA at 500, 750, and 1000 yards for 5 shot groups.
When shooting on steel at 750 and 1000 yards I put a shot near the center of the steel, then watch it print right on top of it or on the edge of it for 3-4 shots.
That was very rewarding.

Here is some pictures with Seb's new MAX joystick Rest:
IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

Back