WTSHTF what are you doing to prepare...tips,tactics,strategies

cool.gif
Mistakes do happen like Ranger CPL Pat Tillman being awarded the Silver Star and Purple Heart though KIA by one of his BMG gunners by accident. Family wants to keep the Medals and they deserve to as far as I am concerned.

Record keeping mistakes happen all the time, which is why they make erasers on the ends of Army pencils!

DEFINITELY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR POINTS SUMMARY UP TO DATE!

BTW, when I was sunbathing on top or our main bunker @ Gau Gia Outpost, an F-4 came by waving his wings nearly on the deck so I could see his face clearly! Just out joy riding to see how the 'other half' lived!

Good Hunting!
smile.gif

thumbup.gif
You might look into being a Substitute Teacher as I did @ Cushing High before I graduated OSU. My current wife is a Substitute Teacher with the Noble Schools and is the only Certified Teacher, so she can stay home if she feels like and they have been offering her permanent employment almost every week! She likes it, I like..................TROUT FISHING!
thumbup.gif

I did get my points squared away, after i did an indefinate re-enlistment. So my ETS is 11 Oct 2031, don't ask why it states that on the paper.

I'll probably do 25 and that's it. At 22 years now.

That sounds like something my father would have done. If you remember seeing if his flight helmet was touching the canopy , it was probably him. He's 6'6" so an F-4 was about the only thing he could fit in. He did manage to fit in a 72 MG Midget once, took 45 minutes to get out of the thing.

thumbup1.gif
Whoever the F-4 pilot who buzzed me @Bau Gia was in one which had the camo paint job so maybe he was working all close air support south of the DMZ. Always felt more cozy when the jet jockeys were up there 'watching 1Lt. Asburys back'! Back up is wonderful! He may have been flying out of Phan Rang just up the coast from Phan Thiet City/Lz Betty!
thumbup.gif

In some respects, I think of those as the 'good old days' as we were still winning at that time and driving all before us in defeat and very little challenged after we decimated the attacks on May 3rd on LZ Betty and April llth, at Ap Phu Long where the river flowed under Highway One!
cool.gif

Keep up the good work!
thumbup.gif

Back