Kicks "Howler" choke tube........

nr123

anyone using one? Trying to put together a combo for shotgun hunting. I talked with Kicks today and he said the "Howler" works very good with #1 and #4 buckshot. The price of $67 turns me off a little since I won't be using a shotgun very much. Wanted some first hand info from anyone using one.

Every Kicks choke I have used has been good. They have specialty buckshot chokes though. Patternmaster has been as good or better with buckshot for me.

I've used a lot of Kick's choke tubes with excellent results. I have no experience with their new predator tube but I would expect good things. One big advantage of Kick's is if the choke doesn't pattern like you think it should they'll take an exchange for any diameter you want until you are satisfied the way it patterns. Plastic wrapped mass market chokes can’t provide that same service as a custom choke maker like Kick’s. A few other companies will do the same, Indian Creek for one. I wouldn’t hesitate to spend $70.00 for a quality choke with service like Kick’s gives; it is a long term investment that can provide lots of satisfaction for many years. $70.00 spent there as opposed to a few meals at a fast food restaurant seems like a good deal to me.

Don't have a predator choke from them but do have a couple Kicks High-flyer's for duck hunting and man what a difference. I have never shot another choke that has mad such a noticeable difference. I didn't know they were making a predator choke, looks like I have something else on my birthday list.

I concur with GC, I had several chats with “Kick’s” prior to purchasing my ‘Gobbling Thunder” tube for my Remington 870. They said I was welcome to come to Georgia and try every tube they made on their range and their ammo until I found a combination that worked. I did not make the drive but what an offer. I purchased the GT in .670 for use with Winchester Supreme 12 ga 3” 2oz of # 4’s. I can say the GT in .665 for the same load shoots equally well out of my of daughter’s 870.

I don’t have any experience with their “Howler” tube. However, here are some pattern targets shot with my cousins Remington 870 and the Kicks GT in .670. Using 4 Buck at different ranges and manufactures. It may help give you some ideas.

Good shooting,

B…

Fed30Y.jpg

Rem30Y.jpg

Rem45Y.jpg

Win30Y.jpg

Win45Y.jpg

Originally Posted By: Buck_358I concur with GC, I had several chats with “Kick’s” prior to purchasing my ‘Gobbling Thunder” tube for my Remington 870. They said I was welcome to come to Georgia and try every tube they made on their range and their ammo until I found a combination that worked. I did not make the drive but what an offer. I purchased the GT in .670 for use with Winchester Supreme 12 ga 3” 2oz of # 4’s. I can say the GT in .665 for the same load shoots equally well out of my of daughter’s 870.

I don’t have any experience with their “Howler” tube. However, here are some pattern targets shot with my cousins Remington 870 and the Kicks GT in .670. Using 4 Buck at different ranges and manufactures. It may help give you some ideas.

Good shooting,

B…

Fed30Y.jpg

Rem30Y.jpg

Rem45Y.jpg

Win30Y.jpg

Win45Y.jpg

Pretty sure the howlers gonna pattern a lot differant than a Gt tube.

Back