Washington sound suppressor law, Help out people,,,

I used to watch these things develop, not do anything, and hope that they work out.

Hope is not a strategy.

Please send an email, write a letter, or call one of the Washington state Senators who are on the Rules Committee today, tomorrow, and/or the next day until we get this bill passed into law.

Sendit

Sounds like it's almost there. Just waiting to see if your elected governor will sign it,,,
grin.gif

Quote:Originally Posted By: "ranb"The law goes into effect 90 days after the session ends. The last day of the session is April 24, so we can use our silencers legally Saturday July 23, 2011.

Ranb

Last edited:
Well, our elected govenor needs to understand the votes she will lose if she vetos this bill.

So now we send her mail, email, and phone calls.

Sendit

Did I read correctly, she has only five days to veto it?

Interesting: The vote was 88 - 4 in favor in the House and zero nays in the Senate ......

Rather odd but refreshing in a left wing ding State such as ours!

Three 44s

Quote:Well, our elected govenor needs to understand the votes she will lose if she vetos this bill.

I don't think the people who support the suppressor bill really are her voting base to begin with.

You can call her office, talk to a staffer, and urge her to sign the bill.

Phone number 360-902-4111

Fax number 360-753-4110

bob

So to me it sounds like it passed? and is veto proof? Here is a quote from silencertalk forum:

The queen does not have to sign it. With the numbers we got it (88-4H and 47-0S) is veto proof! I am glad my form 4 is already in!

Never say never, but she has said that she will not veto it. I think there's a real good chance that we are good to go. We have a couple gun shops that already have silencers in stock, so it's about time to start researching options.

Originally Posted By: sendit 223Not an expert, but I believe that requires a special license/permit.

I'm sure you are right, probably something like a firearms manufacturer would have to have. Too bad you couldn't make one for your own use, they are pretty simple to fabricate.

Back