My New 6mm DTI and Range Report

mac805

A few weeks ago, I received my DTECH 6mm DTI upper, which is my first AR project. The craftsmanship of the upper is incredible, and the fit on my Rock River lower is perfect. The upper has a 22" Shilen select-match 1:10 twist barrel which Mike finished at a medium contour, fluted with his integral compensator. I topped the rifle off with a Leupold VX-II 4-12x40AO in a Burris PEPR mount.

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

I really haven't had much time to get to the range, but this morning the conditions were great. I put together some loads with Nosler 70 gr ballistic tips over TAC and H4895. All loads were well below max and were in unformed brass.

I am mediocre at best from a bench, but I couldn't be more pleased with the results so far. These are probably some of the best groups I have ever shot. I can't wait to see what it does as I work up loads with the formed brass, and I have no doubt this rifle will knock the snot out of some coyotes come fall.

Both groups below were 4 shots at 100m (110 yds). My shooting doesn't do the rifle justice, but here's the result.

DSC01892.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

DSC01895.jpg

My dtech is 20 minutes from my house and ups said I can't go pick it up from them till they at least try to deliver it to my house once. Which wont be till monday, how messed up is that!!

There is nothing to complain about with the way it shoots right now! Great outfit you have.

Now IF DTI would turn out a Savage drop in bbl 6mmDTI...Id have one for my bolt gun!

Bobtails...Thats nuts, if they have it you should be able to pick it up!

Good Looker for sure! mike is the Best...

Rob, that aint right, i went down there Tuesday night @ 7:00 and picked up the two that mike sent me...

Thanks guys. I'm not complaining about a thing. With all the anticipation of putting my first build together, it has exceeded all my expectations!

Yes it will do quite nicely on coyotes. I got this double friday right at dusk and I was using the same bullet the 70gr Nosler. In this case there was minimal fur damage(one was a straight-on chest) but from previous shots taken these are not too fur friendly especially on Bobcats.

IMG_0395.jpg

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSMy dtech is 20 minutes from my house and ups said I can't go pick it up from them till they at least try to deliver it to my house once. Which wont be till monday, how messed up is that!!

Never heard of that 1. I would be pissed 2. We let people come get there stuff every day.

Nice gun and shooting!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSMy dtech is 20 minutes from my house and ups said I can't go pick it up from them till they at least try to deliver it to my house once. Which wont be till monday, how messed up is that!!

That's messed up, I rarely have a ups package delivered to my house as i meet them at the unloading dock as the truck comes in and they know as soon as they see me comming to toss me my package. Even with My LPK that shipped via USPS, that I got on Friday. I saw the postal truck 2 hours before delivery time and as the driver was already getting out a package I stopped and ask if he had a package for me. He leaned in the window and handed it to me.
smile.gif

Back