Reprogramming the RCBS Charge master- UP DATED

pdhunter

Rcbs sent me a email on how to speed up the chargemaster.
If any one wants the info. pm me your email and I'll foward it
to you.
This is right from RCBS:

Chargemaster 1500 Speed Adjustment

1. Turn the unit on.
2. When 0.0gn is on the display, press BOTH the ENTER and the EDIT MEM keys on the dispenser at the same time. Hold for a second and then release. If done properly ADJUST PARAMETER should scroll across the display followed by HSP 00015.68 (This number represents the number of grains away from your entered charge when the tube will shift from fast speed to medium speed. That is at 15.68 gn from your target charge the dispenser will shift from fast to medium speed.) To speed up the unit, this number needs to be decreased and to slow down the unit, this number needs to be increased. (On a slow unit, I would change this number to11.00 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 1 1 0 0 ENTER (pressing the enter key sets that value and moves to next setting in program in this case, to medium speed to slow speed setting)
3. HSP 00003.42 should scroll across the display now. This number represents where the unit will shift from medium to slow speed. Using the same process as before in # 2. For a slow unit I would change this number to 2.50 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 2 5 0 ENTER (pressing the enter key sets that value and moves to next setting in program in this case, to slow speed to trickle speed setting)
4. HSP 00001.08 should now scroll across the screen. This number represents where the unit will shift from slow speed to trickle. Using the same process as before in # 2. For a slow unit I would change this number to .90 gn this is done by pressing the following keys: 9 0 ENTER
5. This is all the adjustment that needs to be done to the unit. You need to press the ENTER key to cycle through the rest of the program. (approx. 22 times) The unit will start its normal initial countdown process when this is done. You need to test out the dispenser now. Enter your target charge and dispense. I usually disregard the first charge. Throw a few charges at these settings to see if they will work for you. If they don’t, return to step # 2 and repeat the process. NOTE due to powder variations you may have to adjust the unit for each powder. If you have any questions about this matter please call our customer service line 800-533-5000 my name is Don Legg and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Last edited:
Good Info Buddy
smile.gif

There are other parts of the program that don't pertain to the speed of the machine (thats what I understand any way)
I went thur all 22 times and it took me back to the count down as though I had just turned thew unit on.

I can't answer that due to the fact I have just started playing with it. Sorry I can't tell you.

Last edited:
just enter parameter adj mode, and make sure you know what the default settings are (just incase)... then minor tweak it for the amount of powder you need dispensed... don't forget the Mcdonald's straw, to help your powder throws become more accurate.
BTW: great post pdhunter, this should be a sticky.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jim n IowaI want to buy this unit, so explain the McDonalds straw please.
Jim

People cut off a small length of a McDonald's straw and put it in the trickle tube...the tube comes threaded and can clump some powders...the McDonald's straw prevents large clumps from falling and causing overcharges that need to be redone.

My dispenser has never had a tendency to overthrow anyway, even with Varget so I never bothered with the straw mod...some folks have and really like the results.

Back