What to do with a Coyote den that’s to close?

i have a family group that den about 400-500yds. from my house ... never really cared enuff to deal with them till now ... #1 the farmer that lives behind me lets me hunt all his land and he has alot.... he called and said they were messin with his cows ... gotta keep him happy !! #2 i have just 1 child and he is 4 ... the last couple weeks they have been getting REAL CLOSE to my house in the wea hours of the morning and start there howling ... my boy comes screaming into our room scared to death ... i mean they are super loud .. lastnight i caught one within 40yds of our inground pool .... but i never see them in the daylight hours...
i just had a custom a.r. built in 6mm woa ... gonna do a lil howlin 2maro and see just how territorial they are ...
and maybe send them a 75gr. v-max care package for my son...
by the way i live in oklahoma and season is open year round

We've had a couple howling on the lawn too, twenty feet from the bathroom window, but always at night when I can't shoot them.
I make it a point to "spread my scent around" any time I see a den or a hole with tracks around it, same thing when I see a scat pile territorial marking. I figure over marking their scent will let them know that they ain't the top of the food chain around here-don't know if the 'yotes really care or not cause, although I've looked, I can't find no books on Coyote Psychology.

Originally Posted By: coythtrSmoke Balls.

No Thanks, I'll stick to cigarettes-but to each his own
smile.gif

If you kick the coyote out of its den and it moves 1/4 mile maybe 1/2 mile it will still be coming around looking for food, I don't think this solves your problem if you think pets are in danger, the only thing it will solve is stopping the howling around your house. Sometimes it is a little crude but the main goal predator control is to get rid of them for good, not just move their beds a little out of ear shot

I too am having the same problem at my house. I actually found some scat behind my garage within 25 feet of my house. My wife is terrified to let the kids play in the yard. I will take care of the problem this weekend with a .223 venture and my kill light. I set up a game camera yesterday evening to pinpoint which times they are coming out. They are obviously hungary and not scared because their coming all the way up to the house, I found some tracks right by my patio within 15 feet of the house.

Back