STATE TROOPERS MAKE ME LAUGH

CHAS06

To explain I travel a couple routes daily that go around a state prison, I have to laugh when I see the TROOPERS sitting radar on the roadways going to and from the prison so they can write speeding tickets to Corrections Officers on their way to work or home. Its like the Big Fish Feeding on the Little Fish, Hey , Troopers why dont you run radar on the reservation or maybe look to show your presence to maybe prevent a crime, NNOOOO you are glorious meter maids. Your 70 grand a year job and all your extensive training, just to use a ball point pen , makes me laugh.

Actually, they are more likely checking the license numbers of "Visitors" coming to see inmates.... A lot of times, the visitors are "wanted persons" and have outstanding warrants for their arrests....

Originally Posted By: CHAS06To explain I travel a couple routes daily that go around a state prison, I have to laugh when I see the TROOPERS sitting radar on the roadways going to and from the prison so they can write speeding tickets to Corrections Officers on their way to work or home. Its like the Big Fish Feeding on the Little Fish, Hey , Troopers why dont you run radar on the reservation or maybe look to show your presence to maybe prevent a crime, NNOOOO you are glorious meter maids. Your 70 grand a year job and all your extensive training, just to use a ball point pen , makes me laugh.

So, what's the story behind this one?

A speeding ticket?
A DUI arrest?
Jaywalking?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

First it was the DEC officers. Now it's the Troopers.
laugh.gif

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...723#Post1756723

Last edited:
well azmastablasta don't play any board games, you are totally wrong, just complaining about the troopers looking for pickings instead of looking for problems. They love to write correction officers who in their opinion are a little lower on the food chain than them, When it comes to real problems they seem to unable to handle it. IE Bucky Phillips, Indian problems, ATTICA

What I do know Chas is that you internet tough guys sit in your mama's basement and regale us with your tales of daring. I also know that anyone who ever was actually an LEO, and anyone else with any common sense are smart enough to show respect for those putting their lives on the line daily. It's a simple matter for anyone with any intelligence to simply drive the speed limit and never have to worry about being tricked by those big bad troopers you seem to fear so much. Naw, your mama wasn't proud of you, so now you get your kicks patrolling the mall. And trust me I do all I can to stay on my side of the Mississippi, too many yankee mall cops on your side.

Actually Chas06, your observation about other enforcement officers looking down on Correctional Officers is generally in error...

My wife used to be a Correctional Officer in a men's medium security prison and after I retired, she started to encourage me to apply as one... I refused due to the abuse they have to suffer at the hands of the inmates because I wouldn't have been able to stand there and take it for long before putting one of them through a brick wall and then I'd have been under investigation..

I taught some college courses to quite a few of the Correctional Officers, both before and after retirement and know the quality of most of them...not people to be "looked down" on, as they have to put up with situations that most people couldn't tolerate..

Thank you for your comments azmastablasta ,obviously you have been arrested in a mall. Sorry to hear, I was just expressing my view of radar traps that is speed traps for you people in arizona, set up by the state troopers, We just had one killed yesterday on a expressway , he was hit by a car while writing a ticket, Feel dearly for the family, his father was a Erie County Sheriff who I worked with in the past. Hope you the best of luck with the illegals in your state,sorry if I offended you but I thought the First amendment worked on both sides of the Mississippi, good day.

Originally Posted By: CHAS06To explain I travel a couple routes daily that go around a state prison, I have to laugh when I see the TROOPERS sitting radar on the roadways going to and from the prison so they can write speeding tickets to Corrections Officers on their way to work or home. Its like the Big Fish Feeding on the Little Fish, Hey , Troopers why dont you run radar on the reservation or maybe look to show your presence to maybe prevent a crime, NNOOOO you are glorious meter maids. Your 70 grand a year job and all your extensive training, just to use a ball point pen , makes me laugh.

"We just had one killed yesterday on a expressway , he was hit by a car while writing a ticket"

Jeez, I guess that 70 grand a year job just to use a ball point pen isn't such a good deal after all. Sounds like you noticed them and you aren't a corrections officer, so I guess they are showing their presence. You know they sit there, so you don't speed, therefore they are preventing crime. Why would it be OK to write tickets on the reservation but not near the state prison? I think you may just resent LE, but you probably don't hesitate to call them when you need them do you?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CHAS06 We just had one killed yesterday on a expressway , he was hit by a car while writing a ticket, Feel dearly for the family, his father was a Erie County Sheriff who I worked with in the past.

Well Chas, it seems like you have some sympathy for the family, but I don't notice any sympathy for the deceased Trooper.
Did you ever tell the Erie County Sheriff who you worked with in the past how little you thought of his son?

WHAT in the he!! is this thread about? If there is a history to your venting then let's hear it Chas. There is some truth and history to your remarks/venting but I'm wondering if you know what that truth is?

Could be worse:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110327/ap_on_re_us/us_speed_camera_spat
I know they have a job to do and I don't have a problem with that. I don't think that 10 or 15 mph over what the sign says is doing any real harm, but the line has to be somewhere. I think there is an element of greed to help pay the bills with speeding tickets, but as for stopping crime, a HUGE amount of drugs, DUI, outstanding warrants, stolen cars, etc. are found due to a simple traffice stop; so it DOES help with crime. And, I know I sure as heck would not want to be out there dealing with a lot of the people that LEO do every day, so I'm more than happy to take my one or two speeding tickets per decade for that piece of mind. My neighbor is a guard at our local county jail. You couldn't pay me enough to do what he does. My hat's off to our LEO.

Heck, I thought that is why they put up those white signs with BIG BLACK NUMBERS for a reason. That is the "safe" speed limit in that particular area of that road. I am amazed at how jerks can just blow right by you while you are driving down the road like you are standing still, and then they sit there and cry and complain because a LEO was doing his job and gave them a ticket. I see it all of the time, out of staters come up here and drive like idiots going to the ski resorts going 15-20 mph faster than the speed limit on ICY, SNOW PACKED ROADS, but it's ok, because they have an SUV, or a 4x4. Those wont help when your upside down in the ditch, or out in the field. And after all that, when they come up in the Summer, they drive 15 mph slower than the speed limit, looking at the trees and animals.....pull over get out and take pics, please don't stop in the road and take pics.

People are dumb no matter where you live, from New York all the way out here in New Mexico.

Quote:I don't think that 10 or 15 mph over what the sign says is doing any real harm, but the line has to be somewhere.
I can tell you from experience,,That 10-15 miles per hour over the speed limit escalates the damage to vehicles and occupants much more than you would think...The damage to a pedestrian is even worse..

The kinetic energy between two vehicles, even traveling the posted limits is fantastic and when it is bumped up, it starts compounding..

You have to remember that two vehicles impacting head on at 55 mph is equivalent to a single car hitting a solid object at 110 mph...

When you are the person that has to knock on a door and notify the next of kin that their loved one(s) won't be coming home any more, it gives you a totally different perspective on speed..

cool.gif
Did a NOK notification to a lady in Apache Junction and she immediately went totally berserk like nothing I had never seen before or since!
cool.gif

Playing safe is the way to go!
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle
You have to remember that two vehicles impacting head on at 55 mph is equivalent to a single car hitting a solid object at 110 mph...

They actually tested this on myth busters and it isn't true. It was funny because I think Adam made the same statement as above and the viewers wrote in so they tested it. They found that hitting a car of the same mass at 60 mph would be like hitting a brick wall at 60 mph. Here is a discussion on the myth busters forum. Just kind of interesting and I thought I would share. I always thought it doubled until I saw that episode.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9701967776/m/23019469301

http://physics.about.com/od/energyworkpower/f/energyforcediff.htm

Originally Posted By: CHAS06well azmastablasta don't play any board games, you are totally wrong, just complaining about the troopers looking for pickings instead of looking for problems. They love to write correction officers who in their opinion are a little lower on the food chain than them, When it comes to real problems they seem to unable to handle it. IE Bucky Phillips, Indian problems, ATTICA

I don't want to try to speak for you Chas06,but unless I'm missing something,your complaint is not about the state troopers writing speeding tickets. I would guess that your comment "They love to write correction officers who in their opinion are lower on the food chain..." is the real cause for your venting? Were you a C.O. during the strike? Was someone in your family at Attica during the riot? Come on what's the real beef here?
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: azmastablasta I also know that anyone who ever was actually an LEO, and anyone else with any common sense are smart enough to show respect for those putting their lives on the line daily.

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a [beeep] what you think you are entitled to." Jack Nicholson

Just made me think of that movie, man I love that movie.

Back