Crows and Pigeon.

SuperSeal110

One crow was shot earlier this week with my Remington 40x .22lr with 40gr American Eagle hp's. Cheap ammo, but my 40x and Sako Quad love it. Poor quality pic came from my I-phone.
c01cbf88.jpg

Today (3/16/11) when I pulled into our drive way I seen what apreared to be a pigeon roosted on one of our dead elm tree's. Unlocked the safe and pulled out "Fat B@stard" (.223ai) and stuffed (3) 75gr Amax in the belly. Walked through our hay barn and rested the rifle on a hale bale and focused the scope on the pigeon at 133yds. I watched the pigeon blow up while barley touching the 8oz Jewell trigger.

Few minutes later, two crows landed in our other huge, dead, elm trees. Squeezed the Jewell and watched the crow open up.

Seen a Ghog, but decided to pass him. Waiting till Spring when they drop their pups.

DSC_0254-1.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

Originally Posted By: brdeanoFat Ba*tard. LOL.

Good shooting Mike. I liked when we were shooting birds at 500 while fireforming. That was fun.

X2
laugh.gif

Only .17 M2 I have is a Savage MKII in .17M2 and it isn't the most accurate gun. I'm still trying to work the issues out of it.

Plus, with the wind has been very strong the last few days. 15mph-25mph, so I'd rather slip a 75gr Amax in the air.

Yesterday evening we helped a farm control some of the starling populations that has been roosting in his barns. Never seen so many starlings grouped today. Our SX3's brought down many. Also took another pigeon, but with the .223ai.

DSC_0278.jpg

Sold it a while ago. Kinda kicking my butt for selling it. I just have a sporter weight Savage .17M2.

Thinking about buying a .17M2 barrel for my Sako Quad.

Back