How did you get started?

Guys, we may have crossed paths when we were younger. Nasa, if you were out there in the hills in the early 70's, I may have met you...seriously. I remember in 73 or so, we met up with some guys down the road from Sleepy Hollow in Carbon Canyon, went with them towards Chino Hills and hunted north of pipeline, way back into the hills. We were working for a rancher by the name of Collins who had some land where the State Park is located now...hunted with those guys for 2 days, they were a little older than us and one of them drove a Toyota Landcruiser, ring any bells?

------------------
Bob
fdfa3b5b.gif

Bob, I'm hearing something. An old shooting/falconer buddy of mine named Bruce Benike had an old landcruiser. We 4-wheeled everything between Poway and Hunter Liggett. I don't recall specific details but we left a lot of brass and hulls in Chino Hills. We could have hooked up with a couple of shooters in there. (The 70's are still a little hazy for me). Would it have been one of the main canyons off Green River? We often ran into shooters near canyon mouths, but rarely in the interior. I had a key to one of the gates on the East side, that I got from the herders. They loved it at lambing when we stopped at the trailer to show them the days take.

Back