MONTANA YOTE HUNTING

d2admin

Administrator
HEY FELLAS I AM NEW HERE BUT LOVE TO HUNT YOTES IN INDIANA. I AM GOING TO VISIT THE MOTHER-IN-LAW . WHO LIVES IN MONTANA, WHILE THEIR AM GONNA TRY A COUPLE HUNTS FOR YOTES. QUESTION DO I DO THE SAME THINGS OUT THEIR AS I DO HERE IN INDIANA? OR ARE THE WESTERN YOTES A LITTLE DIFFERANT??

------------------
GOOD HUNTIN !

I think you will find coyotes easier to call in the West.

PS Typing in all caps makes your post hard to read and is considered rude on line.

my apoligies, i am as new to a computer as i am montana. in the west do the coyotes come in better to a howler? or a screamer ?

I have better luck screaming. But then I rarely try howling.

You should post these questions over on the Predator Hunting Forum. You will get a lot more response there.

HOOSIERYOTE--Your post didn't make it to the Predator Hunting area, so I'll put this information here. Montana has a NO TRESPASS law now, so you are obligated to ask landowner's permission for any and all kinds of hunting. A couple years ago, you could hunt predators without asking the landowner, as long as he didn't have it posted for No Trespassing or No Hunting.

There are sections of state owned land, as in every state, but you have to buy a permit to hunt on these parcels.

As far as success with screaming or howling, I mix the two and have pretty good success. The howler will, in my opinion, reach out there farther to draw in distant coyotes. If you are close in to a coyote/s, then by all means use a low volume distress type call or even low volume coyote pup distress sounds. Good Luck!

Thanks a bunch fellas! you both have given me some good ideas. We are leaving the day after x-mas. My step-father-in-law has gotten us permission on two differant places so far.One is loaded with red fox so the rancher says!It will be an experience i am sure.I will let you no how we did upon my return on the 7th.

------------------
GOOD HUNTIN !

HOOSIERYOTE--if you are going to call fox, DO NOT use a howler! If I am in fox country, I alway start out with the rabbit or bird distress sounds. I stay with those sounds for at least 15 minutes. If no fox have arrived or been spotted, I will then try the howler in case there are coyotes in the distance that may not have heard the rabbit or bird distress sounds.

Back