A Rather Sobering Reminder

Hey Big J

I heard a few first hand stories of the sights of ground zero a week ago. The company I work for has provided the lights for the clean up since the tragedy. A few of the guys I work closely with,volunteered to go out to NY and keep the lights running 14 -16 hr nights/days. Not a great place to be from what they say.

You have to feel for all of the people who lost someone.

Boatman,

I don't know where they got the mold for you guys...but let me say...I don't care where a fireman works...how long he/she's been one, but each and every one of you is a hero in my book. The self sacrifice that was displayed on 9/11 was unbelievable...both FDNY and NYPD.

I don't know you boatman, I live a thousand miles away from ya, but if I or one of my family needed help, needed to be rescued from an inferno or whatever, I have no doubt you and those like you would be there to help, maybe even place your own life in jeopardy to do so...That kind of valor is displayed on the above link. To see the faces of those men is sobering, to think they died to save others...without so much as a thought for their own safety....unbelievable.

Thanks Boatman.

AMEN!
The inlaws just got back from ground zero. My father-inlaw said it left a knot in his throat. It was very humbling. May God bless the families of these great individuals.
TNT

Indeed. Bob! Just looking into the faces really gives one pause. Makes it just a bit more real.

------------------
Critr

LW42144.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

my heart and prayers,goes out to all the 9/11 families, who lost a love one, in this tragedy, may they find strength and peace over the holidays, god bless.

Thanks Big J!!

Although I never went to NY, it is nice to work for a small company, that definatly had, and is still having, a large influence on the TC and Pentagon clean up. We had lighting trucks at both scenes within hours of the tragedy. They guys had a heck of a time getting the trucks through security, but some of the same security people were at the Oklahoma City bombing that we assisted with also. They recognized the trucks and knew what they were there for and let them proceed.

Like I said, thanks again, I appreciate YOUR appreciation.

Boat

Back