LED Hunting Lights

I ordered my headlamp on Jan. 24th and it finally arrived today via usps. Although the wait was long, the beam thrown by this tiny little light is well worth the wait. I also ordered a kill light, still waiting for that one.

lol...try the 500 lumin flashlight with the same head...

will mount like all the other lights...think its like 14 dollars...

lotta good lights out there ....

Originally Posted By: bustem19I just made the purchase! I couldn't resist after hearing all these good things about this headlamp.

He11, I'm about to buy one (of some kind or another) and I don't even do any night hunting! Now is that crazy or what.
lol.gif

I ordered two of these lights and still haven't received them. Almost a month so far. Are you scanning with it on high or low?

I ordered mine on 2/3/11, I think it shipped 2/6 and it just arrived this afternoon. Charging the batteries now. Do they automatically stop charging with this charger?

As SmilinIB stated he uses a clear scope cover and a red sharpie to color it and that is what I did. One thing I don't like is that the scope cover cuts down on the diameter of the beam because the clear lens part of the scope cover is only about 1/2" because this light is so small. How are you guys using gel paper attaching it to the LED?

I just cut a small round piece of gel foil and unscrew the front lens and drop it in... but putting it around the outside would seem to be faster if you needed speed....

Used mine last night. Worked pretty good. I had been using a 12V battery and a Huntsmart 5100 head. My partner still is using the 5100 setup. Side by side when he picked up eyes they seemed to be brighter and a little easier at longer distances. Our red filter material was different but if I went to as deep a red as he was running I believe my abilty to pick up eyes would have decreased even more. It was a lot lighter to wear and the abilty to focus was outstanding. Battery life was good although I did go through both batteries in 6 hours of hunting in 10 degree weather. I'm sure I could have stretched each battery a little longer but made the switch when I saw a decrease in performance. Ease of use gets an A+, performance a B compared to what I have been using.

put the yellow gel in..you wont spook anything and you will blow his light away and most of the time you will only need to scan on low...

i promise called a fox to 30 yards about 2 hours ago

put the yellow gel in..you wont spook anything and you will blow his light away and most of the time you will only need to scan on low...you can even add 2 layers of the yellow gel...

i promise called a fox to 30 yards about 2 hours ago

Back