Tell Us A Little About Yourself

NM KID,

Just wanted to ask if you know some folks in Farmington.
My brother in law used to be head of maintenance there at the college. Jack is his name. You won't forget him if you ever saw him there. 6'2" 280 pounds. Bald headed with arms as big as my legs. not much fat on the fellow either.

Reason I asked is that he is a great guy and a hunting shooting fool. He also will talk hot rods with you till you both give out.

The Walkers are the other family I was wondering about. Great people and I grew up with all of their kids.
Bobby Walker was my running mate when we were just tadpoles.

Ok, Here's goes.....

38 yrs old. Red/Gray (more gray than red!) hair. Jusr recently got back into Coyote Hunting and love it!

Mostly, I fish though.

I'm in North Central Oklahoma and always looking to meet new folks to go hunting with. The vast majority of Coyote hunting out here is done with Dogs, and I generally don't do a lot of that.

On the home front, I will be getting married here in a couple of months. I'm betting that will curtail my hunting a bit. I'm a Information and Technology Department Supervisor for a Distribution Center here in town.

Nuff for now!

John

AzWill,

This is just a thought but......

You posted the topic "Tell Us A Little About Yourself" but yet you didn't tell us anything about YOU.

So how bout it? Tell us alittle bit about yourself Will.
biggrin.gif

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

Hello , my name is Bill Croy. I'm 33, married 4 yrs. Have a wonderful 9 year old stepdaughter . I'm a firefighter with the local airport , and have my own custom bullet business.I call it Razorback bullet works (thus the nickname) I have been hunting since I was a kid. prarie dogs were my money pitt until I got into calling predators a couple of years ago. My wife has stopped shaking her head a long time ago. I love to hunt ,and am hunting something all year. If I'm not hunting I'm getting ready to. I have lived in Rock Springs Wyo. on and off for 10 years .I love wyoming . Its tuff to beat these open spaces and lack of econazi's . I am a freedom fighter and cofounder of the RLF ( roadrunner liberation front) it is our mission to free oppressed roadrunners and other small vermin from from the mighty yoke willey and his conspiring ilk . We use varying takticks and take NO prisoners. good hunting

Hey Troy here, 28 years old married for 10 years this Nov.Got three kids (6b 4g and 3month old girl) I grew up on the family ranch,been hunting ever since Santa brought me my Red Ryder at age 6. I am a correctional officer at the Utah State Prison and on my free time I enjoy working on my 53 willie,hunting,fishing and spending time with the family.

------------------
Hunt'em Hard
CoyoteKrazy

I'm 55 years old, been married for 35 years. I have two kids and two grand kids. I enjoy family, horses, and hunting. I've hunted most of my life. Started hunting coyotes when I was 15. The last 21 years I've worked for USDA-Wildlife Services. I've employed and enjoyed about every possible method to take coyotes. My favorite is with Decoy Dogs.

This looks like a real nice place. Think I'll stick around a spell. Wiley E, thanks for the invite.

Hi, Mark Basinger here from NE Ohio. Just found this site today while searching the Huntseek Forum and through Wiley E. Looks like a very good forum!

I'm 31, married with 2 small children (1-girl & 1-boy), and love to trap and call wildlife. Particularly enjoy the predators. Been chasing wildlife since my Dad got me some traps at a garage sale when I was about 12 years old. Got interested in calling from Burnham Brothers and Johnny Stewart when I was about 15 or 16.

I work in a factory that makes hydraulic valves and pumps. I trap, hunt, and fish around time with my family. Like I told my wife before we got married "365 days a year there is always something to trap, hunt or fish for".

Howdy,
I am 33 and a single daddy with my 6 year old boy and 3 year old daughter living with me. I currently live in Alaska and am moving to Arizona after 28 years up here. I have family in Pinetop/Lakeside and thats where I will reside come this June.
I have spent the last 11 years in public safety right here in Alaska and the last 6 working at my current P.D.

We are an outdoors family and both my kids hunt and fish with me. The hunting down in the lower 48 is quite a bit different and I have to tell you I get excited and thank the law makers I only have to wait 6 months to become a resident (up here it is 12 months)

I am also looking forward to making friends on this board.

I would like to thank AzWill for giving me this oppurtunity to introduce myself.

Hope you are starting to feel better bro.

Hunter out...

Hi my name is Jim Rador. I live in central Iowa. West Des Moines to be exact. I was born in Wyo raised in Utah and went to school in Nebraska. I told my wife I am not moving any further east. I am 57, work for usps, wife has a retail collectible gift store, and we hunt, fish and golf, in the outdoors. Together we have three daughters all out of the house. I do miss the mountains and I hope to go back on some hunts to them. Here we have loads of coyotes many fox way to many deer & turkey and Iowa caucus for the dem gov.Give a shout if you need info, and thanks AZWILL and RICH for this site and if I forgot to mention any one else I am sorry
Jim

my name is James Croy. im 28 yrs. old . I have lived in Alaska for 18yrs . been married to a lovely woman for 8yrs .my dad got me into hunting and fishing , shooting. I am a former Marine and love military related weopons and gear . I am one of the founders of the R.L.F.(Roadrunner Liberation Front). I have an affection for sniper rifes and any long range shooting iron . my brother recently got me into preditor hunting and calling , I got hooked. I hunt big game and migratory birds and now preditors . i also like to skydive some day i will get do an op that calls for me to parachute into an area and kill V.C. (varment cong)for the oppressed roaderunner .being new to hunting preditors it is good to be around knowlegealbe folks like yourselves . hope to lean some things .

My name is Jay Knipp. Ilive in east cent Mo. Hunted yotes for many years till got rid of our dogs. Had one of the best packs around. Walkers of course.
I have been married for 13 yrs in July. Have 2 great kids,My girl almost 6,wants to go with dad as long as shhe can see the truck.My boy just turned 17 mo. not old enough YET. I will try to include some of the wisdom I have gained at this site when the time comes. Thanks guys.

------------------
Jay

Well, here goes, real name is Ken Short, I live in Stephens county , TX which has a population of just under 10,000, most of which live in the central part of the county in and around the only town.

I have been hunting since the late 40's, grew up on ranches in far west Texas and we hunted coyotes back then anyway we could get rid of them, they were hell on sheep and goats, airplanes, horseback whatever. I hunt mainly coyotes, bobcats, whitetails, turkeys and quail now.

I took a sorta of a hiatus from hunting from 61-84, mainly because I was in the Army and did not get to hunt nearly as often as I would have liked, although it also gave me the opportunity to hunt all over the world.

Since I retired in 84 I run the local ISP for a friend, do software and hardware consulting for small business and individuals and hunt and fish. I have my own rifle and handgun range here at the house from 25 to 200 yards and do some work for the local gunsmith, testing and zeroing the custom rifles he builds. Usually try and test them on a coyote or bobcat I call up bout 100 yards from my back door.

I have been reloading since the early 60's, good thing too, cause with 4 kids, 3 of which are not grown and gone, I would have gone bankrupt buyin ammo for them.

I sometimes do a bit of hunt arranging for folks who want to take deer, turkey or quail in this area.

My name is Allen Morris, the big part stems from my body by budweiser frame. I have been a machinest, and a plumber by trade, but I'm living my dream as a Recreation Manager for one of the best ranches in NW Colorado, I live to call Elk and Coyotes, I enter the world elk calling championships every year as well as the world coyote calling championships, I love to compete in any form, bowling, golfing, and any card game up and running. The calling championships have been the funnest learning expierinces I have ever been a part of. I and my family 2 girls and a wife live the hunting lifestyle and promote the outdoors every chance we get. I like a forum to advance such a great sport. good luck and good calling Al

Hello everyone.I've been posting on this forum awhile now and figure I ought to introduce myself.So here goes.
My name is Justin Braddock im 22 and live in Van Alstyne Tx. pop.3000 or so.I love to hunt.Coyotes mostly because they are the only thing I can hunt around here year-round.I also hunt deer,duck,hogs, and dove.I am a "roadie" for a living I travel around the U.S. setting up sound equipment on the weekends.This job allows me to do alot of weekday hunting.So I like it,even though I miss out on all the opening weekends.
I really appericate all the info and time some of the people have put into this forum.
Keep up the good work.

Later,
Justin

Hello everyone,
Just joined, my name is Scott Franks. I'm 32 and married with two children. I've been in the military for 13 years now, which has given me the opportunity to live and hunt in 6 states so far. When I'm not hunting i enjoy tinkering with my 70' ford bronco.

Hi you know my name. So here we go,I own my own compony I am a lawn care pro.I am also looking in to getting my class b cdl.So I can drive a big rig.I am married to the most wonderful women for 9 years now. She will hunt & fish with me & my son when she can,when she is not at work or school.We live in Oh.

Hey everyone I am 34 and am a laborer , married , with 2 kids one girl 10 and one boy 13 both who keep me busier than I need.First words I said were bang , bang been hunting or trying to hunt ever since.Have called in quite a few coyotes with either a circe or a turkey call just got into using a electronic call and hunting at night.Everyone on this board has been very helpful and I am dying to try some of the advice I have gained. Jim Dale

Just getting to this part of the forum-so better late than never. My name is Steve Gappa. I am 50, married with 2 daughters and 4 grandkids. I was a jack of all trades you could say- bus driver, school teacher, partners in a printing shop, social sciences, factory worker- and for the past 8 years a full time trapper/part time writer- and will be from now on. I trap coyotes, fox, coon, badger, mink, rats, beaver, possum, some weasel, occasionally otter. During the summer I trap pocket gophers (3,400 last summer). Started hunting, trapping and trout fishing when being carried on my dad's back. Love to hunt, but trapping is so time consuming, that my hunting gets less and less each year- deer and a few birds and rabbits over my beagles. Spend two weeks each year exploring the Black Hills and trout fishing. Both me and my wife ride Harleys. Would like to try predator calling again, esp. coyotes. Have found much good advice on this forum- so far I have just been concerned with coyote facts, but will explore other areas- for example- I just read Criags saga of hunting with Pa- I can't wait for Monday to see what happens!!!! trappnman

------------------
Your American Heritage- Fur Trapping, Hunting and Fishing

Well, might as well join in here. I'm 42 years old, married (wife from El Paso) with one daughter who's 17 and starting UT Austin next year. So I'll soon be very broke.

I'm originally from San Antonio, Texas but left soon after joining the military. I'm retired from the U.S. Air Force. Once I left the Air Force, I went into civilian law enforcement where I retired due to a job related injury. So I guess I'm just plain retired. I've guided for deer, turkey, waterfowl and upland game, and was a Fly-Fishing instructor and guide for many years.

I found this site after AZWill left a link to this site on another page and I followed it, damn glad I did. You go through life sometimes thinking you know all there is to know and sometimes....you find out you know squat. This has been my experience here. I'm astonished at the degree of knowledge many here possess.

I'm very much into Float Tubing for trout in the sierra's and have the divorces to prove it...
biggrin.gif

Thanks Will for leaving the link...

[This message has been edited by Big Jerk (edited 12-17-2001).]

Back