Question about natgear

Natgear is good stuff, WalMart in our area is carrying it and it's selling like hot cakes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I would suggest blending into your surroundings. I can use natgear for several areas in my neck of the woods, however we still have alot of greens and browns.

I still use advantage timber to mix into the terrain the best.

There are older folks on the board who don't use any camo clothing and shoot alot of critters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Go figure........

The Natural gear has become my favorite camo. It seems to blend with pretty much any surrounding. Their snow camo is superb in winter also. Only problem is we have to get it from Natgear directly as nobody carries it around here right now.

My hunting partner uses Natgear and he blends into about any background. On the San Carlos Indian Reservation you can find about any and all types of vegitation, desert scrub to pine forest. Bill can make himself lost in all of it.

I have been using mossy oak break up, which is great deep in the woods and heavy brush. But I'm looking for something that will come close to dead leaves and grasses.

I am told by my hunting partners that when I wear my snow pattern NATGEAR, I pretty much dissapear even at close distances. I used to want to have all of my hunting clothes in NATGEAR but have recently found that it seems to stick out in the heavy woods. I have found that Advantage Timber and Realtree hardwoods seems to work well in the the heavy stuff.

Does anyone like the Mossy Oak Forest Floor pattern? I thought that stuff looked good, but was afarid that it would cause some serious shadow effect.

NATGEAR I bet would work great in the desert or open prarie

SRS1, I wear Nat Gear most all of the time for my deer hunting in southern ohio. Here are some facts. In recent clear cuts keep the wind to your favor, limit noise & movement, and you can forget about deer seeing you.I have been caught in what I would consider to be terrible spot, stood still, and had deer pass by without much concern. I've had some look then relax, and go about there business. I do try not to stand tall if I'm away from an edge though. In timber I've never felt that I was spotted, or my cover blown. I've also had great luck in treestands wearing Nat Gear. Personally I dont think it blends in a tree stand situation, but I've yet to have a deer pick me out while wearing it. They just dont seem to suspect the earth tones in the overall pattern, as standing out. My ultimate conclusion about the stuff was proven when I walked out through a field at dusk, the last evening of gun season, without spooking 4 does that were feeding not 80 yards from my passing. Again I was on the edge, with wind to my favor, but I felt like the overall shade in the Nat Gear was key to my being unnoticed.
I will tell you to watch Nat Gear Dri-Stalk. I have a wind/rain shirt in dri stalk and it is way to noisy in cold temps, basically crunchy sounding. When I e-mailed Nat Gear to ask if they had solved the problem with Dri-Stalk 2, they failed to reply. When I called customer service they avoided giving me a straight answer by saying they had switched the laminate, and I would stay warmer.....lol With that, I gave up on considering any Dri-Stalk durring winter.

Trophyhunter...You must be talking to the wrong people! My buddie is the one of the sales managers there and I quarantee you his service is excellent! I also love the camo!

I love Nat gear. It blends in well here in the prairie & wooded land. look at the colors of game or predators. mostly a slight variation of tans & browns. they blend in pretty good also no matter where they are. I also like Predator fall grey camo, has some muted whites and a large pattern that does NOT make you look like a black statue at a distance. Nat gear reminds me of the color of a deer or coyote for that matter.

I'm glad to hear natgear will probably work in my area. I was leaning towards it because it was made in the USA. So very few clothes are made here that's it's getting almost impossible to find. Thanks for all the input.

I think it'll work real good back east.I just used it calling up in northern arizona amongst the pine trees and it was good enough that a bear that came in when I called it never had a clue I was there.Good luck in your hunting.take care.daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Trophyhunter, I found there service to be awsome.I e-mailed them about some sizeing questions,and the owner responded and helped me out. The customer service alone will make me buy more.

I have Natural Gear camo and it works great. Their customer service leaves much to be desired though. Myself and other members of my hunting club have had a hard time with screwed up orders and their service staff(or lack thereof)is totally lame. We;ve waited weeks for stuff and when it finnaly arrived, the order was wrong. It got worst from there.

We use natgear hear in north eastern ky and southern ohio all the time works great in the strip mines and after all the leaves have fallen

Love my Natgear, I ordered the new fleece pants and jacket yesterday, (they are wind proof now) should have them tomorrow, and I can't wait! In fairness, customer service is great when taking orders...lol Not so great when facing problems... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I agree, I Love the camo but there service sucks. Sent a pair of gloves back to them to evaluate for warranty (which they denide) and then complained how it cost them $7 bucks to send them back.http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb/icons/icon17.gif

This is a picture of me standing up in a snow covered field wearing NatGear snow camo. Just try to see me.

Can't see me can you?

Back