another dumb question...

mfp

Do yall think the green XLR 250 will scare predators??? I bought two 250's, one red and one green. I went out hunting the other night and called in a bobcat which came in from the worst place possible...but i got my red scanning light on it fine. My buddy and I had to take a 100 degree turn and moved kinda a lot, but when i hit it with the green beam mounted on my gun, he walked back behind the brush and into the woods. I never had a clear shot, but dont know if the cat left because my moving, or the green light.

Last edited:
From what i've read on here and been told by users...kinda like pickups and beer...everyone has their favorites and opinions.

I've read multiple stories on here with sucessful kills utilizing red, green & white light(s).

Anyone's guess why that particular cat left. I have yet to hunt bobcats, but from what I've been told...NO MOVEMENT IS CRITICAL with these animals. Not so concerned with wind / scent...but they have excellent eyesight. My guess would be your movement turned him around, not necessarily the light...just my $0.02 though.

Last edited:
i use a red lensed spot light for scanning and a green xlr250 on my gun for my kill light and ive yet to scare off anyhting with the green. I had a fox come within 50 yards hit him with the green and he just sat down and looked at me so for what ive seen so far they dont scare the game

Over the last couple of years, I've used both red and green and can't tell that one scares them more than the other. I prefer the green myself.

i have the 250 kill light and i have not had a problem with foxs or bobcats being spooked. i have a green 100 kill light i use for scanning its made for my bow but works great for a scan light no problems with it either. bobcats are just cautious to start with the light u were using could have shined on you, your buddy, a gun even a stick or tall grass you never know.

Back