Knife junkies: What's your EDC?

rpc55

I love knives and have dozens. Ever since my dad bought me my first knife at age 8. I'm not a collector, but just like them second only to guns. I will sometimes carry up to 3-4 knives at a time. Today this is what I'm carrying: SOG Twitch, Opinel No.7, and an Old Timer Middleman. Looking at getting the Benckmade Griptillian next. I have a few customs as well.

Photo188.jpg

I often find myself with more than one blade on me as well!

idk if youve ever checked it out but this sight has some awesome knives! They have a "knife maker's market" where guys sell hand made blades. I have spent WAY too much $ there but have some great knives to show for it! http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=672

These are the two that I usually have one me. (or one of them anyway)
002-1.jpg

Kershaw Blur
Brian Davis Tactical w/boot clip (a custom off that site)

I have a browning knife that I got at cabela's a few years back. It is the best knife I have ever owned and will hold an edge forever. I can't find them any more, wish I had about 4. I have a few pocket knives but my brother has about half a drawer full, he's a fan. Now kitchen knives I have a few of those, I like a good quality chefs knife.

1296597135.jpg

The one on the right everday. Its a Taylor Auto. The one on left was made by rainshadow. (knifemaker here) carry it during hunting season.

I carry a buck cadet 3 blade everyday, and sometimes a leatherman charge Ti. i have a million others too, bucks, S&W, etc etc. i will have a Rainshadow at some point this year too for hunting.
smile.gif

I have been on a CASE trapper knife kick lately.

Bought a couple round Christmas and now I'm perusing auction places for vintage ones.

Usally carry one of those or a switch.

Originally Posted By: Black_WolfI have been on a CASE trapper knife kick lately.

They are nice, and my dad carries one too.

Today it was this Moore Maker Whittler. No telling what it'll be when the mood strikes. I have lots of knives. My whittler of the day...

18520MM_Whittler.jpg

Originally Posted By: rpc55Originally Posted By: Black_WolfI have been on a CASE trapper knife kick lately.

They are nice, and my dad carries one too.

Love em.

Sharp as a razor and still made in USA too.

Must have more!
laugh.gif

I have a bunch of knives also but this one is one of my favorites. Not too many people have ever even seen one like this. L.L. Bean did not make their own knives. From my research, Case or KaBar made then for them. I was up at the LL Bean store in 2000 and the knife guy said he had never even seen one before. He then checked his records and said the best he could find out was that Case or KaBar made them for LL Bean. My brother John gave this to me about 1980. He is deceased now.
Check my pics out.
IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

I have a few EDC. Usually I carry one for a few months then switch to another for a few months. When I went to take a picture I noticed a couple of them missing. Must talk to my son. I favor assisted opening. SOG Flash II, SuperQuick, Gerber.

peterjc,
Bowen made a lot of L.L. Bean knives also. I had a large stag handled Trapper pattern L.L. Bean Bowen that fetched me $450.00 on a sale. Of course it was mint in the box with paperwork, but it actually surprised me how much it was worth.

GC,
Thanks for the info...I never knew Bowen did that. The guy up at the LL Bean store I guess didn't know it either. I really like my knife. I gutted at least 6 deer with it, then stopped carrying it hunting cause I was afraid to lose it. Kind of a sentimental piece from my brother.

Always carry three...Spyderco Delica Clipit, Wenger Evolution Swiss Army (mostly for the scissors, toothpick and tweezers) and a Leatherman Squirt (pliers model)...

My uncle told me when I was very young "a good man always carries a knife", so over the years I carried many, and usually ended up destroying the blade by using to to pry or cut something that a knife should cut or loosing them. About 6 year ago I was given this knife and it is like a child. Destroy the blade flip it around or toss it and put in a new one. If I loose it I ll got to Home Depot and get another. This is the most practical knife for everyday use in my opinion.

IMAG0141.jpg

Gabe

Since second grade I've carried at least one knife everywhere I go. I've carried Buck, Case, Gerber, Spyderco, MOD and now a ZT. No matter how many knives I carry, I always carry a miltitool.

Back