need load data 4 223

ky_hunter

i would like 223load data for a 55 grain blitzking and a 53 grain v-max if any one is willing to help i would look at other loads to but thats the two bullets that iv been told that shoot the best i have loaded the 55 grain blitzkings with 27c grain of varget with fed primers could any one tell me if it would hurt anything to just change the bullet to the 53 grain v-max. thanks for all the help.

Welcome to the board ky_hunter!
thumbup.gif

Jack

My Hornady handbook shows 26g of Varget as Max for 52/53 g bullets...odd it shows 26.4g of Varget max for the 55g bullets.
Welcome

27.5 will be tough to get it all in the case. You will have to drop it slow. I don't think you can over pressure a load with Varget,and light bullets(too slow). Heavy bullets,I'm sure you can overload.

Originally Posted By: NastyDaddy10127.5 will be tough to get it all in the case. You will have to drop it slow. I don't think you can over pressure a load with Varget,and light bullets(too slow). Heavy bullets,I'm sure you can overload.
Yep. It shoots good, but a pain to deal with. I had to tap the sides a little to "pack" it. Can make a mess if you're not careful.

With the 55 gr. BlitzKing, I use 26.1 gr. of H4895 in my 223 bolt guns. Amazingly accurate. That is in Lake City brass ignited by a Rem. 7 1/2 primer. That is a max load out of the Sierra 5th Edition manual. It shows no pressure signs in my rifles. Work up to it. If you are loading for an AR I would back that max off some. I have never shot the 53 gr. Hornady bullet so I can't help you there.

PaPa 260

Back