Rattlin' bobcats?

grinr

A few years ago,Nov./99 I think,I was rattling horns for deer.2 minutes or so into setup and I heard something coming on the run throgh the frosty leaves.About 70 yds. downwind through the the hardwoods I seen a brown flash.GREAT!Here he comes!Wait a second.thats a coyote!No,it's a bobcat!The cat came straight in to about 7-8yds. and then stopped and stared at this strange camo blob sitting against tree.I was fully camoed,mask and all.Being out of season for him I thought I might have sme fun.I lowered the crosshairs from his head and set gun across my lap.This just made him curious as he stood there trying to figure me out.I then said"here kitty,kitty,kitty" in a low voice.This made him really curious .He stood rite there ,head bobbin' upand down,side to side.Finally I threw my arms up and yelled "HEY".Talk about a scared cat!Leaves flyin',feet scramblin',afterburners on.Great fun!I wonder if he thought he was going to eat the loser of this "buck fight"? I'm not suggesting that anyone add antler rattlin' to there bag of predator tricks because I've rattled for deer hundreds of times and this is the only predator that ever came that I know of.Just wondering if anyone has had any similair experience.

Back