Rem 222 mag ammo

Kyfuzzyface

Hey guys I have a buddy that has started Coyote hunting with me and is having a hard time finding ammo for his gun
He has a older Remington 700 222 rem mag,just wandering where the best deals was or should he try to setup to reload,He probley wont shoot that much, but hard to find
Thanks in advance for all advice!!

Last edited:
About the only way to go with the 222 mag is to reload. I have a model 722 Remington and have never found but one box of loaded ammunition for it. I believe that the Old Western Scrounger
did carry loaded ammunition for the 222 mag a few years back but it was expensive.
Brass and dies are available from several suppliers across the country.
Good luck the 222 mag is a great little cartridge.

Nosler factory loads for the 222mag, as does Conley Precision Cartridge, Reed's Ammo.

Also look at the auction sites, such as Guns America, Gunbroker, Auction Arms, etc.

Best bet is to start reloading for it. With a stiff charge of Varget under a 55gr Sierra spbt, I get 3475+fps out of my Sako Vixen. A very good coyote load.

If you go the "reload" route you can use .204 Ruger brass which is far easier to find than correctly headstamped .222 RM brass.

Thanks guys
I have found 2 boxes on line
If enyone finds anything else let me know
Thanks again for the help

Last edited:
222 Mag ammo is hard to find. I have seen a lot of brass online though. Keep in mind that the 204 case has the shoulder forward of the 222 rem mag..

The 222 mag is one of my favorite cartridges. If you find loaded factory ammo I would buy all they have unless you reload then brass is readily available most of the time.

+1 reload
I have 3 222mags a Rem.722 a Pre Garcia Sako and a Steyr Mannlicher SL It is a fantastic caliber but you are best to reoal to get the most out of it !

Originally Posted By: bumpGlad to hear you found some. If you don't mind me asking where and what brand did you find?

Remington 55 gr SP

Back